Thread: Telepathy?

Post Telepathy?

What do you guys think about this?? Has anyone experienced this or is this lady loopy ?

http://www.theaviary.com/telepath.shtml
    Becky
    A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. -Maya Angelou

Default Re: Telepathy?

Becky,
    The late Jane Hallander was a well respected avian behaviorist and she knew her birds very well!

Telepathic communication goes on in my household all the time. I can tell you when certain birds want baths, food or just extra attention. I can't explain how, but I just know. They can also tell when I need something from them. The other day, I told Monty, DYH, to go in his cage because I was getting ready to leave for work. No sooner did I get done closing Monty's cage, when I looked around and all parrots were in their cages, up on perches, waiting for me to close their cage doors!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Quote Originally Posted by linda040899 View Post
    Becky,
    The late Jane Hallander was a well respected avian behaviorist and she knew her birds very well!
    I'm sorry, I didn't know. I really wasn't meaning to be disrespectful . I hope I didn't offend. It is an interesting thing and I really wanted to know if anybody had that kind of relationship with their birds.

Quote Originally Posted by linda040899 View Post
    Telepathic communication goes on in my household all the time. I can tell you when certain birds want baths, food or just extra attention. I can't explain how, but I just know. They can also tell when I need something from them. The other day, I told Monty, DYH, to go in his cage because I was getting ready to leave for work. No sooner did I get done closing Monty's cage, when I looked around and all parrots were in their cages, up on perches, waiting for me to close their cage doors!
    *that is so cool! I hope Luna and I can get that in tune with eachother!!
    Last edited by beckyg; 02-15-2008 at 04:19 PM.

I had an experience which I suppose could be explained as telepathic. I was on my way home from work and stopped at the grocery store beside our condo. As I was leaving the grocery store, I had one very clear thought enter my mind, it was "Blue Meanie is dead." I got worried and hurried home and my sweet birdie was struggling on the bottom of the cage. I was freaked out about the message I had received but even more concerned about her. So I called the avian vet and rushed her in. When we got there, she had passed away. I didn't tell very many people about this because it seemed too unusual. After seeing this article, maybe it is not.

I think a lot of us get a feeling for what our birds' chirps mean too. That could be the beginnings of the sort of communication described in the article.
    Christine, Ducky & Zoe

RIP
    Squeaky (1994-2012)
    RIP Blue Meanie (1994 - 2007)

I know there is communication . very clear , and if I'm not receptive Bo will get visibly frustrated . I feel that we may be in tune with certain subtle body language or slight eye movements as the flock all flying in unison may be sensitive to those slight movements too. That certainly does not explain knowing whats happening at home when you are not there. I, for one , believe there are connections and communication that go beyond our physical senses , I have no choice , but to believe ,due to experiences . I feel a bond with my Bo that there are no words for. She has given me a gift of awareness and brought so much love into our house that we can not believe how blessed we are to have such a beautiful spirit live in our house. Well that all may sound like a wigged out bird lady talking to some, but I know many of you will know exactly what I'm trying to say.
    Bo, Eesha,Cookie, Cindy and Greg

My goofy lovebird seems to understand quite a bit of whats going on around him most of the time and its obvious we've both learned to pick up on each others body language, verbal sounds, and even our emotions as well. Surely, animals are much more attuned to this energy because they have been far more reliant on it than we have. Really, I think this sort of telepathic ability in animals to understand humans really goes unnoticed by poeple who's mental perimeters have yet to open up and explore a universe who's energy is received from other sources besides their own. Now you have to figure, there's lots more room in the universe for whats on the planet earth so why not have more to choose from? You know, like something for everyone. Even those who don't like poeple . I mean, could you imagine if there were only poeple here? :eek: . Well, there's simply got to be a way for all these living things to communicate otherwise we'd have total chaos . OK, so enough on that. Still though, contrary to what some religions may suggest in that animals have no soul, none the less, I firmly believe we all still have spirits (including animals) that not only may live forever, but can in fact communicate on levels for which we may simply have forgotten. Could this be mere speculation? Well, one things for sure goofy sure seems to know what my limitations are and even when he can excede them without so much as a peep. Not only this, but he can also make those subliminal suggestions on when to get his bath water, treats, clean his whole house, and then get his head scritches and beak rubs in on time. And he's only known me for about two and a half years! Lets see if a human can do that!...........
    Goofy Lovebird, B.B. Lovebird, and Michael

I'm really not sure if it is telepathy, or if after 3 years Kiwi and I understand each other's body language, or know each other so well. I can always tell when he wants a drink, to go back to his cage, just needs a cuddle - my son always says how did you know what he wanted Mom??. When he is in his cage, I sometimes will think, somethings off, go upstairs, and he is just holding onto the grating as if something has scared him and he needs to be held for a bit to calm down.

The same holds true in reverse - If i am upset, he seems to be able to tell, will be unusually calm and relaxed, sitting quietly in my shirt, chirping softly, as if to comfort me. I firmly believe animals have the ablitlity to pick up on our energy, our emotions, that we have a special link to each other. god bless them!
    Robyn & Kiwi