Thread: How to find hotels that will let birds stay

Default How to find hotels that will let birds stay

Does anyone know a way to find out about hotels that will let you bring a bird? Spring break is coming up and we have a few ideas and most are out of town. I can not bring myself to ask family to come and care for Drac. We currently have 3 places on the list. Chatt .Tenn, Gatlinburg TN, and Atlanta GA(i know i live in GA but our plans would be easier to stay in ATL then drive back and forth). We have a small cage that we could use for the car and a little larger one we could use in a hotel room. We would be in a hotel 2-4 days.

Steph
    Lovebirds fly into you heart and never let go.

Default Re: How to find hotels that will let birds stay

Steph, you can call and ask and if you're calling chain hotels like Holiday Inn, Marriott, etc. what one will allow, most of their other locations would also allow. I was surprised at how many hotels/motels allow dogs so maybe you'll find the same with birds.

Is he noisy? That would really be the only concern (I would think) with a small caged bird in a hotel room. If he's not a noisy lovie, I'd take my w/o asking. Oops, that would be a problem with the daily cleaning service since the person cleaning the room would see him. Hmmm, I think calling a few of the chains might be the best way to go.
    Janie

Oliver, RIP
    Big Boi
    Shy

I would look at the hotels on here - http://www.dogfriendly.com/ then call the individual ones and ask if they'll accept birds. I think they would be more likely to accept birds in the hotel if they accepted other pets.

Oh and I just found this on google!

http://www.birdchannel.com/bird-trav...ly-hotels.aspx