I want to thank NickyBeth for suggesting a steam cleaner for cleaning bird cages. What a great suggestion!

I bought one on Saturday and used it on all seven of our cages. By the time I got to the third one I had a great system that was way faster than using the steam cleaner alone. This worked so great that I decided to share it here.

I used a stiff nylon brush to remove the bigger chunks of bird poop on the grates. Then I sprayed the grates with Poop Off and set them aside while I cleaned the cage with the steam cleaner. After that it was easy to remove the stuff from the grates with the steam cleaner. The last thing I did was spray everything with grape seed extract & water in a spray bottle (20 drops of GSE and the rest water).

The steam cleaner gets absolutely everything off quickly and even cleans the smallest crevices where it is impossible to clean otherwise. This saved me so much time and I am sure that the cages were much cleaner when I got done than the way I had done it before.

So, kudos to NickyBeth and once again to this forum for being such a great place to get good advice on ways to take care of my birds.

Linda