Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: orphaned pup

Default Re: orphaned pup

I am so very sorry to hear about the pup. I mirror what everyone else is saying - you did what was right, trying to return the pup, and never could have anticipated what happened. You gave the young pup at chance of life, and loved him for the short time he was with you. (((((((Dani)))))))
    Robyn & Kiwi

Oh Dani, I am so sorry. Your momma dog knew something that we can't sense and while it's a terrible thing to witness my guess would be that it happens often in the wild. You did what you thought would be best and honestly, I think returning the pup to its mother was the best thing to try.

Just imagine how strong her instincts must have been to decide that the pup was better off dead than to face what ever might have been wrong, causing her to reject him in the first place. Again, I'm so sorry.
    Janie

Oliver, RIP
    Big Boi
    Shy

Oh my gosh Dani. . I'm so sorry to hear this had happened. You and this poor pup both have my prayers...........I know there's not much that can be said to rid of the guilt feelings, but as caring poeple we just have to find a way through these things. As you know, all too often what we think and feel doesn't always match whats realistic in the animal kingdom. If only we could predict these outcomes before they happen, unfortunately we can't.......Pick yourself back up Dani and look to those who love you and need your care. Things will eventually get better. No matter what!
    Goofy Lovebird, B.B. Lovebird, and Michael

Thank you all so very much, honestly you have helped me a lot. Last night was really harrowing for me, i could not fall asleep, and i could not throw out his little blanket and baby bottle, and i ended up deciding to keep them to remember him.

In the end i realize that what is meant to happen usually happens in life, and all you can really do is to mean well in your heart and pray for the best. i did love him dearly for the few days I had him, but he was an angel and a blessing and I know he has taught me something. This has also made me realize how lucky i am to have my wonderful animals in my life. Thanks, all of you. Your words really do help.

Dani and flock.

"To walk the earth without giving love is to forget what you came for in the first place."