Thread: Warming Up To me

Default Warming Up To me

As we speak Jack is sitting comfortably on my shoulder. I just played some videos on youtube of lovebirds singing and he chirped along with them. The taming is still going pretty slow and he is still not the fondest of me but I'm just happy the little guy will sit with me for a while now.

Default Re: Warming Up To me

While it may seem like things are going slow with Jack, if he's sittin' on your shoulder hanging out you have yourself one comfortable and happy lovebirdy.
    Laura O

Yup everybirdie is different and if jack sits on your shoulder and doesn't go after your neck veins thats a good sign lol
    I will tell you from experiance to this day my hen baby boo is still very stand offish but on those very rare times when she does give me a good kiss or hangs out with me it makes it all the more special like she feels i deserve it
    ....Two little birds were on my doorstep, singing sweet songs in a melody pure and true.....

You will be a flockmate in no time.

I find a good thing to try (if you don't mind the noise) is contact calls. Those are the loud squacks you will hear a lovie make from another room. Contact calls are the way lovies locate their flockmates in the wild, so to screech out a few contact calls every now and then tells your birdie that you are a member of the flock and that you are looking for him, telling him where you are, and that you are OK. Conversing with a lovie in his own language is always a good thing.

Like I said.... only if you don't mind the noise.
    Shy
    "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"
    -Robert Browning-