Thread: a new closeness

Default a new closeness

Recently I've noticed Pip comes to me more often, and he will get on shoulder at night and get all cozy and start beak grinding and take a little snooze! He will sit on my shouder for a long time when I am at the computer at night. Also......I could never really handle Pip before, but now I can pick him up.....although against his will, once I have him in my hands, he sometimes sits there contently for a little while and I can tell that he really doesn't mind it much! It's funny that he's never tried to bite when we pick him up....even though he hates hands! He will nibble at our hands gently, and believe me.....I know he can really bite when he wants to! but in this situation he never does! He really seems to like spending time with me now, where before he would always prefer to be off on his own. He even choses to come to me sometimes over his true love Ivy! I feel pretty honored when he does that!

Default Re: a new closeness

Aw, it's always neat when they choose us over their birdie friends.

Awww... that is so sweet. I bet as Pip ages he will be better and better.
    Laura- Human Eddie - my 1st and light of my life Aussie Cin. Peachie Jimmy - heavily pied Peachfaced Lovie Burt- Meyer's Parrot Hatched 01/2005 (and adopted by me on the luckiest day of my life - 09/30/2011) PBird Blue Front Amazon (35+ years old?) Adopted by me on both of our luckiest days .... officially on Dec. 13, 2011) Marley - pied Peachfaced angel - flew to the Rainbow Bridge on 11/05/08

Isnt it fantastic!!
    Congrats on not biting fingers!!.. I think thats the biggest achievement a person can have in the world of lovebirds!