Thread: Sunnybird Back to Normal! Let's all celebrate!

Talking Sunnybird Back to Normal! Let's all celebrate!

So my powercord for my macbook was chewed thru by a certain feathered devil & the battery died while we're waiting a shipment thru the online apple store... which is why no updates..... I'm borrowing my hubby's laptop right now...

So... Hina devilhen was returned to my parents' house yesterday (i think hina was happy about that too!) and when I came back home to let sunnybird out... she was my same sweetie as she was before!

no more running/flying away.... no more nipping thru the bars, no more agitation and checking the mirrors... no more calling thru the doors...

we have loooong skritch sessions and in-the-shirt hide & go seek...lovelovelove! yay!

i'm soooo happy!

Wet. Stinky. Birdie.

Default Re: Sunnybird Back to Normal! Let's all celebrate!

That is so great! I was just reading an old BirdTalk, and I was interested in the section about introducing birds as companions. There was a part under Jealousy that said if your bird acts aggressive to its owner, it is because they are jealous of the new bird. Sounds like this is what happened to your Sunnybird.

Eddie has been "power preening" the heck out of my neck whenever Jimmy is around. Problem is, it hurts! Now Jimmy does it once an a while too. So, Eddie has taught him how people are good, but also how to do this nasty habit. Some days I leave the house with what looks like a rash all around my neck. Ugh!
    Laura- Human Eddie - my 1st and light of my life Aussie Cin. Peachie Jimmy - heavily pied Peachfaced Lovie Burt- Meyer's Parrot Hatched 01/2005 (and adopted by me on the luckiest day of my life - 09/30/2011) PBird Blue Front Amazon (35+ years old?) Adopted by me on both of our luckiest days .... officially on Dec. 13, 2011) Marley - pied Peachfaced angel - flew to the Rainbow Bridge on 11/05/08

Quote Originally Posted by lemonypickett View Post

Eddie has been "power preening" the heck out of my neck whenever Jimmy is around. Problem is, it hurts! Now Jimmy does it once an a while too. So, Eddie has taught him how people are good, but also how to do this nasty habit. Some days I leave the house with what looks like a rash all around my neck. Ugh!
    Tell me about it. I go to work and everyone's like, "what happened? how? why?" I have to wear a turtleneck type of shirt sometimes and I hate turtlenecks (makes me feel like something is choking me).

I'm glad to hear sunnybird is back to normal too. and hina's happy i'm sure. so it all works out. oh yeah, did hina lay anymore eggs?

Joey, Evolet, Pantalaimon, Jada, Chomper, Milo, Hermes, Apollo, Orion, Basil, Ginger, Pepper, Sage, and Wasabi
    http://flockandthings.blogspot.com/

no eggies while she was with me, but i'm not sure about now that she's home... can they hold them that long? she was making some really big poops before i took her back to my parents....

while i was there, my mom opened her cage and let her come out.... first thing hina did was fly straight to her. awww! 2nd thing she did was look for paper to shred. LOL

Wet. Stinky. Birdie.