Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Poem I Wrote About Our Lovebird-What Our Lovebird Taught Us About Love

Smile A Poem I Wrote About Our Lovebird-What Our Lovebird Taught Us About Love

Hi this is Trixie's Mom and Perran's wife Karen. Our lovebird has taught us so much that I had to write a poem about it and thought that I would share it with you.

What Our Lovebird Taught Us About Love

Our little lovebird came from heaven above

To teach us what we needed to know about love

Always have a special bonded one

That is your moon, stars, and sun

Give kisses and snuggles to those in which you care

Making your special feelings readily aware

Lay your head down to sleep each night

With the feeling of love while snuggled in tight

Always let your feelings be known

To those you love in your home

Love with a heart that is beautiful, faithful, and pure

So that our life story will leave you wanting to hear more

For we have learned many lessons from our little bird

I wanted to write this for all to be heard
    Last edited by p3rr4n; 01-12-2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: typo

Default Re: A Poem I Wrote About Our Lovebird-What Our Lovebird Taught Us About Love

Hi Karen and thank you for sharing the lovely poem with us! Love is an amazing thing and many of us never experience it to its fullest potential. We are so busy in our daily lives that it sort of just passes through our lives without touching our hearts.

Like you and Perran, my birds have taught me a lot about myself, love and understanding. They give us so much and only ask that we love and care for them in return. A lifetime commitment is a serious thing and I do my best to live up to what I've promised them!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Default Re: A Poem I Wrote About Our Lovebird-What Our Lovebird Taught Us About Love

I loved the poem so much I told her she should post it. She didn't want to because she was embarassed.... so I bugged her about sharing it with everybody while we were out shopping
    Perran

Thanks Linda;
    We adore our little bird and he has taught us so much! I know that everyone on this board feels the same way as well. He brings us a lot of joy.
    Karen

what a wonderful poem!! Love, patience, compassion and caring are what our feathered, furry and human companions teach us. The love we get back in return is a gift that we treasure. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!
    Robyn & Kiwi

Thanks Robyn and Kiwi;
    Thank you so much for the kind words. Trixie has given Perran and I so much love that I had to write about it. I was sure that everyone could relate. He also keeps us laughing with his antics as well!

Quote Originally Posted by p3rr4n View Post
    I told her she should post it. She didn't want to because she was embarassed....
    Embarassed Whatever for??? You love your baby & wanted to honor that love. And you did just that, beautifully! Don't ever be embarrassed for sharing loving thoughts with us. We are all Lovie lovers here & understand totally what Lovies do to people I write poems to my babies all the time. And apologize to no one, not even my sister who thinks I am a total idiot about my birdies

I agree. I know there must be many of us who write and enjoy poems about our Lovies . Since they just grab at your heartstrings !

Karen

aww I love it!
    SARAH&KIWI<3

RIP-Petrie I miss you everyday May27/94-02

I hope you don't mind, I printed that out and put it in my scrapbook that I have for Peanut. It really is a lovely poem and says what most of us feel towards our lovies. Thank you soooo much for posting it!