Thread: No longer friends?

Question No longer friends?

During the past week, Squeaky and Ducky don't seem to be getting along as well. They seem to be spending more time apart instead of flying around and exploring together. They still do a bit of preening but not much. Sometimes they even squabble on top of my head. It looks like Squeaky is establishing dominance over Ducky. He'll chase Ducky off my head or the top of his cage.

I tried letting just Squeaky out by himself. He seems ok with it. Ducky goes crazy in his cage and wants to come out. Ducky has been very "clicky" and "swishy" lately. Could that be upsetting Squeaky?

Any ideas? Suggestions?
    Christine, Ducky & Zoe

RIP
    Squeaky (1994-2012)
    RIP Blue Meanie (1994 - 2007)

Default Re: No longer friends?

Christine,
    Sounds like you may have hormones entering into the picture. When that happens, all bets are off as far as behavior goes. If that's the case, it will last a little while and, hopefully, the friendship will pick up where it left off.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Default Re: No longer friends?

Thanks Linda!

I just had them out and they were ok. Squeaky did seem kind of grumpy. He kept flying to me and chased Ducky away a couple of times. Maybe he's jealous?

They did do some good mutual preening sessions while they were out so that is encouraging.
    Christine, Ducky & Zoe

RIP
    Squeaky (1994-2012)
    RIP Blue Meanie (1994 - 2007)