Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a cute bedtime story!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default a cute bedtime story!

Ok, first I have to explain Pip's unusual bedtime routine! I tuck him every night, he sleeps on the side of his cage on this little platfom thing with some toys and a ladder going over it. You can see it in this picture....
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...8/100_0988.jpg (notice Pip saying.....let me outa here!)
    He goes there to sleep at night and I put a blanket over it all hanging down from over the playgym on top of his cage. When I come over to him with the blanket, he knows what time it is, and he goes right to his spot! I always talk to him and tell him how cute he is and get close up to him with my face and risk getting bitten! then I say good night, cover him up and he makes the same sounds every time after he's covered....a happy, contented little grunting noise he makes when he's happy!
    Pip has had this bedtime routine now for a long time, for over a year, and never has he ever come out from that spot until he wakes in the morning! Well....last night I wasn't feeling well and my boyfriend put all the birds to bed and covered them up for me. After he covered Pip, a few minutes later, out came Pip! he came right out and went on the couch where I was laying down and just gave me this look like.......mom....why didn't you tuck me in??? It was the funniest thing! It HAD to be the reason he came back out.....wondering why his routine was not the same and I didn't come tuck him in as usual! As soon as I saw him, I said....hey....what are you doing out of your sleeping spot?? After seeing me and me talking to him, he went back under his cover on his own and went to sleep for the night!
    I never stop being amazed at how smart these tiny little birds are. How can they be that smart with a brain and head that is SO small!!!
    I hope that someday people can understand that it's not "just a bird,"
    but the very thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a
    human."

Default Re: a cute bedtime story!

That is a cute story...bless his little heart...he wanted his night night routine with his mama!! It is amazing how smart they are!!

Awwwwww! How sweet!!!! These guys hate having their routines broken!!

That is soooo cute Kim. He wanted to make sure his mommie was ok.
    Laura- Human Eddie - my 1st and light of my life Aussie Cin. Peachie Jimmy - heavily pied Peachfaced Lovie Burt- Meyer's Parrot Hatched 01/2005 (and adopted by me on the luckiest day of my life - 09/30/2011) PBird Blue Front Amazon (35+ years old?) Adopted by me on both of our luckiest days .... officially on Dec. 13, 2011) Marley - pied Peachfaced angel - flew to the Rainbow Bridge on 11/05/08

aw, that is a way cute story. how sweet!!!! they are pretty clever aren't they?

Joey, Evolet, Pantalaimon, Jada, Chomper, Milo, Hermes, Apollo, Orion, Basil, Ginger, Pepper, Sage, and Wasabi
    http://flockandthings.blogspot.com/

that is adorable... they do like their routine, just like kids, huh? lol

Wet. Stinky. Birdie.

Kee-yuuuuuuuuuuuuute! Pip is so adorable!!

That little Pip is something else! Sorry you weren't feeling well. Bet Pip's little excursion perked you up a bit. Hope you're all better now. Can't have Pip's mom falling down on the job now!

That really is darling. And look how spoiled the little birdie is! So many fun things to play with!

Yes, I am feeling better now! and back on the job! there's a bad stomach bug going around here and my boyfriend had it bad.....at least I was lucky and it wasn't bad like his! He ended up at the emergency room with an IV! and yes, it made me smile to think that Pip came looking for me, almost like he was wondering what was going on. He knew something just wasn't right! I was very surprised because he has never come out of his sleeping spot before once he was tucked in for the night.....I told my boyfriend he must not have done a very good job! haha!
    I hope that someday people can understand that it's not "just a bird,"
    but the very thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a
    human."