Thread: Some questions...

Question Some questions...

Ok....So some of you know what happened to my Shiloh last night! Well after a lot of crying and no sleep I decided that he is now feeling much better and without pain. This morning After I MADE myself get out of bed, I uncovered the other babies and decided to let them all out together. Now some of you know I had to let sunny and lulu out first and once I put them in their cage I would let shiloh and sky come out (Shiloh was the feisty one that would bite and hurt them.) Well they were all out and lulu decided to become the fighter.... In my opinion I think that sunny and lulu are both females because they were ALWAYS fighting in their cage; and think that Sky is a male because when I put sunny and sky alone they do ok, and when I put lulu and sky alone they do ok. So I decided to put sunny in sky in the same cage and lulu is alone FOR NOW! Sunny and lulu seem to be doing ok....we are keeping a close eye on them and lulu seems to be going about her day normaly in her own cage. I was checking online and I decided that I will be purchasing this double flight cage, whichI coudnt do when shiloh was here because she would bite their feet through the bars!!!! Now sky and sunnywill probably get into little arguments until they get used to eachother right? Someoneplease let me know if what I did is ok. here is the link to the future cage are the demensions ok? We are planning on getteing another lovie soon, so there will be four babies.... is there anyone in NC with hand tame babies?

Default Re: Some questions...

anyone???

Have your other birds been DNA'd so you know if you have males or females?

Before adding ANY other birds I would be sure of what you have now. And, even then, it is not gauranteed that a new bird you add will get along with the bird you want to pair it with.

We tried for over a year with multiple different females before we finally found a hen that Quigley likes. They will have their own ideas about their mates.

An impulsive move to add another bird right now may cause you more problems and heartaches. The contact calls for Shiloh will most likely cease in a few days, especially with the other birds for company.

With a divided cage you may have problems with foot biting, especially if you have two hens each protecting their territory.

As your birds mature during their first year of life you will see many changes in their behavior. Yours are still young but starting to show signs of maturing.

Linda

Where is the link for the cage? I don't see it.
    Laura- Human Eddie - my 1st and light of my life Aussie Cin. Peachie Jimmy - heavily pied Peachfaced Lovie Burt- Meyer's Parrot Hatched 01/2005 (and adopted by me on the luckiest day of my life - 09/30/2011) PBird Blue Front Amazon (35+ years old?) Adopted by me on both of our luckiest days .... officially on Dec. 13, 2011) Marley - pied Peachfaced angel - flew to the Rainbow Bridge on 11/05/08