Ok, first I have to explain Pip's unusual bedtime routine! I tuck him every night, he sleeps on the side of his cage on this little platfom thing with some toys and a ladder going over it. You can see it in this picture....
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...8/100_0988.jpg (notice Pip saying.....let me outa here!)
He goes there to sleep at night and I put a blanket over it all hanging down from over the playgym on top of his cage. When I come over to him with the blanket, he knows what time it is, and he goes right to his spot! I always talk to him and tell him how cute he is and get close up to him with my face and risk getting bitten! then I say good night, cover him up and he makes the same sounds every time after he's covered....a happy, contented little grunting noise he makes when he's happy!
Pip has had this bedtime routine now for a long time, for over a year, and never has he ever come out from that spot until he wakes in the morning! Well....last night I wasn't feeling well and my boyfriend put all the birds to bed and covered them up for me. After he covered Pip, a few minutes later, out came Pip! he came right out and went on the couch where I was laying down and just gave me this look like.......mom....why didn't you tuck me in??? It was the funniest thing! It HAD to be the reason he came back out.....wondering why his routine was not the same and I didn't come tuck him in as usual! As soon as I saw him, I said....hey....what are you doing out of your sleeping spot?? After seeing me and me talking to him, he went back under his cover on his own and went to sleep for the night!
I never stop being amazed at how smart these tiny little birds are. How can they be that smart with a brain and head that is SO small!!!