Thread: A little bit of work on Payton's behalf

Default A little bit of work on Payton's behalf

Hi All,

Just wanted you all to know Payton is fine. I have been watching her all week and stayed with her all day to be sure. No sneezes since last weekend. Lots of flying, eating, foraging and a bath today. She played "build a nest" with the conure behind the pillows on the couch today, shredding bird towels and carrying toys back to the nest. They poked their heads out every so often to be sure the Flock Leader was still within sight. Soooo cute. We had a good day.

I found a CD with a few pics on them. I posted Payton's picture as my Avatar (I think. Test. Test). This is not her glamour shot, but I do have to chuckle as one foot is pushed forward so she stands like the models on the runway stand. She is such a star! (MHO)

Glamour shot and, I hope, some videos to come. I am so impressed by Pipsmom and her video! Kudos to the camerawoman!! I have a camera/video phone and need to be a bit more exploratory now that I have a platform for my photos.

Thanks to all for making me feel so welcome! I just love the funny stories, and although I ache for those with the sad stories I hope I can contribute some comforting words.

Everyone is in bed except Payton. She has had some special attention today, and is not ready for it to end. She would not go to bed when everyone else went to bed. She sits on my shoulder, quietly preening now. A life filled with the company of birds is a wonderful life.

Tara
    Parrots are proof of life's Guardian Angels.

Default Re: A little bit of work on Payton's behalf

The Avatar is too small. You can't really see Payton. I will work on Photbucket next! -- Tara
    Parrots are proof of life's Guardian Angels.

Default Re: A little bit of work on Payton's behalf

I'm so glad that Payton is feeling better. When they are so small, a sneeze, a cough, anything can throw us for a loop.They are such small, fragile creatures who take over our hearts, and we wouldn't have it any other way.!!!!!

I get a kick out of hearing how payton and your conure play together - now that deserves a video posting!! Looking forward to seeing more pics!!
    Robyn & Kiwi