Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: chewing happy hut.

Default Re: chewing happy hut.

I keep a happy hut for boo and sunshine, boo does not chew it she spends 80 percent of her time in it or guarding it lol even tho i never see her chew it i do a daily inspection inside and out, always better safe then sorry!
    ....Two little birds were on my doorstep, singing sweet songs in a melody pure and true.....

Gus stopped chewing on his hut, although I have started taking it out sometimes during the day, kinda 'forcing' him to explore his surroundings so to speak!!

Proud Momma to Five!!

The hut we had that Pixie got tangled up in was the same as the one from Petco. (We probably bought it there.) It had a seam inside at the top and she managed to unravel the thread and get it wrapped around her neck in the middle of the night. Her shrieking was very scarey but we were able to save her. If this had happened during the daytime when we were at work we are sure she wouldn't have survived. The more she struggled the tighter the thread got around her neck.

Now I don't give huts to any of our adult birds because I know they are capable of ripping them up any time they want to. I did use them last summer for the babies coming out of the nestboxes, but they weren't chewing on them yet or destroying toys. The ones I have now I made myself and they don't have any exposed seams or threads to be a temptation for busy beaks.

I like the birdie binkie though. I think I'll make one of those.

Linda