Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I feel bad at work.

Default Re: I feel bad at work.

i tried tonight to push back bedtime but sure enough its 7pm and Gus has been asleep for about a half hour. lol - i even took out the happy hut but the poor thing was falling asleep in his perch and looked so lonely!! So, maybe a little later day by day, or I just wait until summer.

awww, maybe that's just his bedtime then. i wish my birds did that (not at 6:30, but you know, at 9 or 10). if i let them stay up late,they prob would too. bedtime? what's that?

Joey, Evolet, Pantalaimon, Jada, Chomper, Milo, Hermes, Apollo, Orion, Basil, Ginger, Pepper, Sage, and Wasabi
    http://flockandthings.blogspot.com/

My birds were only here for short times...

but they seemed to have pretty ingrained ideas of what to do at bedtime.

Enko chan would climb in my shirt around 8:30 PM and fall asleep and cry when I put him in his plushie tree house to go to bed. We also took naps together during the day. He'd just climb down inside my shirt whenever he wanted to rest. He would even wake up for a moment, climb out, poop on the towel I kept on my shoulder and climb back in and go back to sleep.

Loki would get very irritable around 7 PM and had NO interest napping with me. We took an afternoon nap together, he'd fall asleep perched on my side when I took a nap during the day- but he wanted IN his happy hut or favorite spot on the rope perch as soon as the clock struck 7.

I wonder how Freyja and I will assimilate to each others' schedules??
    Midi,
    Frey, Odie , Auri, Fili , Mae, Burbank , Iris & Hermes

When i first got maka & sunnybird, their bedtimes were about the time the sun went down. Now, I keep the lights bright inside, and we pushed bedtime back almost 2 hours slowly over a few weeks. Now her bedtime is 8pm or little after. When it's close to 8, i turn off the lights around her & she starts to slow down. After I wrap her cage, i hear beak grinding or her "singing" herself to sleep. Humans go to bed usually by 10pm at the latest.

Wet. Stinky. Birdie.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleBoppPeachyluv View Post
    After I wrap her cage, i hear beak grinding or her "singing" herself to sleep.
    One thing we REALLY miss about having a bird in the house is the sleep 'peep-peep-peep'... I'm a very light sleeper and would sometimes wake up in the night when they would sing in their sleep. peep-peep-peep. I would just smile to myself and think 'yay, comfy sleepy birdie' and fall back to sleep.
    Midi,
    Frey, Odie , Auri, Fili , Mae, Burbank , Iris & Hermes

I think it's really great that you are giving Gus time out and with you before work. I know it's hard to change bedtimes but I think you can do it gradually, putting him to bed 15 minutes or so later every week. You should be able to keep him up a while later. He should also naturally go to bed later during the summer, which is what my birdies do. Birds naturally get up and go to sleep with the sun.
    Laura O

I kept Gus up a little later tonight. I left lights on and shut the blinds earlier so he wouldn't see the sun going down - I talked to someone I know who had birds and he said that sometimes the bird just has an internal clock to wake up with the sun and go to bed with the sun. The only reason I wish he would stay up longer is so we can hang out more, but I'm just being selfish = )