Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Journey Has Begun

Default Re: The Journey Has Begun

Kristi,
    I'm so very happy to read this update on Freyja and Odinn! It's been a very long day all the way around and I'm glad they took the trip as well as they seem to have. Continental Airlines always does a great job and I never hesitate to entrust my babies to their care during transportation.

Freyja is a lot like her sister, Lily, loves to preen anything and everything. Not a biter, either. I'm looking forward to hearing about more of their adventures as they explore their new home!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

They've quieted down and have snuggled up for a nap. They are so adorable together. We are both VERY happy to have them both here.

I am in awe of their colors. Odinn's blue-green is really stunning, and Freyja is almost ethereal looking!

I had debated using the swing I got for their play gym in the cage instead, and at the last moment, I decided to use it in the cage. I'm so glad I did! They love it. Its a tight squeeze for both of them to fit, and watching them try and get comfortable on the swing without pushing the other off, or squishing one toward the side was comical. They pulled it off, though!
    Midi,
    Frey, Odie , Auri, Fili , Mae, Burbank , Iris & Hermes

YAY!!!!!!!!! i'm so glad to hear that they arrived safely, and that they are already adjusting well. you sound so incredibly happy kristi!!!

now - did someone mention pictures??????
    Robyn & Kiwi

It's great to hear the birdies made it through the trip so well. I am also glad to hear everybirdy is adjusting and it looks like it might be a great match.
    Laura O

Talking Re: The Journey Has Begun

Congrats on the arrival of your two new fids!

Barb

Holy flamingo!.......This little event had more suspense than a weeks worth of the six-oclock news! ............

Glad to hear all went well with the Spirit of Saint Lovebirds!...........
    Goofy Lovebird, B.B. Lovebird, and Michael

it looks like it might be a great match
    Freyja and Odinn are actually brother and sister, Odinn being the oldest of the clutch and the only one of the 4 babies that the parents raised. I was originally going to send just one lovie but we started talking about more than one and I asked Kristi if she wanted to get two. (It was no more expensive to ship two than it would be to ship just one. Cost is determined by container weight.) When she said two would be better, I started looking around for a mate to send and realized that one of the preening machines already had a companion so I asked Kristi if it would be OK if I sent the other Creamino and her companion. I was upfront and did not hide the fact that these two are related.

Seems that decision worked out perfectly, as they had each other during the flight and they are familiar with each other in their new home.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Congrats Kristi!

So glad you got a nice healthy pair of birds! You deserve to be happy and it sure sounds like mission accomplished!

Can't wait to see pics of them.
    Laura- Human Eddie - my 1st and light of my life Aussie Cin. Peachie Jimmy - heavily pied Peachfaced Lovie Burt- Meyer's Parrot Hatched 01/2005 (and adopted by me on the luckiest day of my life - 09/30/2011) PBird Blue Front Amazon (35+ years old?) Adopted by me on both of our luckiest days .... officially on Dec. 13, 2011) Marley - pied Peachfaced angel - flew to the Rainbow Bridge on 11/05/08

can't wait for photos!!!

Joey, Evolet, Pantalaimon, Jada, Chomper, Milo, Hermes, Apollo, Orion, Basil, Ginger, Pepper, Sage, and Wasabi
    http://flockandthings.blogspot.com/

oops, my bad, i mentioned that already. wow, i must be more excited than i thought!!!

Joey, Evolet, Pantalaimon, Jada, Chomper, Milo, Hermes, Apollo, Orion, Basil, Ginger, Pepper, Sage, and Wasabi
    http://flockandthings.blogspot.com/