Thread: Behavior: Learned or Instinctive

Default Behavior: Learned or Instinctive

Got a link to this article from one of my mailing lists. Interesting.....

http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientis...ture_or_nu.php
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Default Re: Behavior: Learned or Instinctive

Interesting. It examines nesting, but another critical aspect, feeding hatchlings, seems to be learned. it's interesting because hand-raised lovies will gack for each other and inanimate objects, but they don't always know to feed their own young.
    Barb

Happiness is a firm banana

Yes, very interesting........Seems as though either way lovebirds go scholastically, its basically all in the "gene".......or......."genes".......whereas, mixing them only confuses the equation.......
    Goofy Lovebird, B.B. Lovebird, and Michael

Hi, this article is very interesting and I liked it very much. I am a writer works through professional resume writing service. And I also have some very cute birds with me that is why I am here. Even the dullest bird or face becomes interesting when you give it a good look in the wild/flesh. The way the shadow drops across the cheek, the light hits an eyebrow, etc... there are many more angles, positions etc. than you can ever imagine. My heart always makes a little jump when I see things in birds or faces that surprise me.

Characteristics of the domestic Brazilian parrot
    This small and beautiful bird loves its owner very much, becomes dependent on its owner and for this reason becomes jealous. He does not like his owner to pay attention to and love other birds, in which case he becomes very jealous and may harm that bird. The female sex is usually more jealous. One of its negative features is that although it has a small body, it fights a lot and very quickly.

The reason for the Brazilian parrot fight can be different things. This bird is sometimes hostile to birds of the same species, especially those of the same sex or appearance, especially if it is in the mating season.

Sometimes the reason for a Brazilian parrot fight is territorial. In general, all parrots set territory for themselves and are extremely sensitive to this territory. This bird is the same, and because it knows its cage as its own territory, it is a very sensitive method.

If a bird or other creature enters its cage, it will be severely mistreated and may fight or injure it.
    Source: https://petpors.com/love-bird/