Page 1 of 16 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: My birds were STOLEN

Default My birds were STOLEN

I came home from work at 3 today to find my inner door (after the screen door) locked. Which i thought was weird cuz i never lock it. I went to walk thru the carport door, which i found unlatched.

When i walked thru Buddy busted out from the back yard door to run to me. I knew right then and there something was wrong. I walk in to find Lacey missing (i found her later on locked in the bedroom). Jadens cage door wide open, hes gone. Baileys gone, they took Mikas whole cage which wasnt very big. They left everyone else. Took all appliances, TV, camera, Xbox, PS3.

Guys im a total mess. I havent stopped shaking and the police still arent here. My babies are out with some stranger and i cant do anything. Im running around all day tomorrow to put flyers EVERYWHERE. If you guys can let me know places to post or post for me. Im just so lost.

Jadens a Goffins cockatoo, Mikas a Quaker, and Bailey is a blue IRN

http://bythedozen.shutterfly.com/
    (the story behind everyone)

Default Re: My birds were STOLEN

Oh my gosh.....this is just unbelievable that someone would do this....I can see taking things, but birds?? I can't even imagine what you are going through right now! I would post this EVERYWHERE I could if I were you....mabye even call your local news station.....if they see how upsetting this is for you that your pets are missing, they put something on the news for you....it's worth a try.....and if it was me, I'd probably be knocking down their door hysterical! Obviously whoever took them, and took the other stuff is looking to make money....so they'll try to sell your birds......you need to get the word out! If anyone ever broke in here, my only bigger bird is Ivy, and she is terrified of strangers.....I don't know if I would be able to calm down or stop crying. I could see where taking a nice size cage they could make money as well....plus makes it easier to take the bird. It's stories like these that make me feel so lucky to have the neighbors I have! We often look around at other houses because this one is so close to the road! but that's the only bad thing about it! It's a great house, with a nice yard and you just can't beat the neighbors we have. Across the street there is an older woman, retired who is home alot and she is always looking out the windows and is one of those nosey ones that knows everything! She knows when someone comes to our door when we are out....no one would ever get out of this house with anything with her right across the street!
    I feel just terrible for you.......and for your birds I'll be hoping real hard that they are back home soon.
    I hope that someday people can understand that it's not "just a bird,"
    but the very thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a
    human."

Oh my gosh, you poor poor thing! I have no idea what to even say, I'd be totally freaked out and speechless. . . please please let us know what's going on! I hope those police officers arrive soon. . . your poor little birds.

I am so sorry to hear what happened. It is one of my biggest fear. It seems they definitely knew what they came for.

Don't forget to contact local vets, spca and pet stores. post an add on Craigs list and any online adds you can think of so if there is a bird similar to yours hopefully someone will be kind enough to let you know.

If you want to get an add with pictures availlable I'm sure some members around can start posting them online and pass the message around.

I'll keep you and your flock in my prayers.
    Elle

It's not a coincidence that both birds and angels have wings!

"Many have forgotten this truth but you must not forget it.
    We remain responsible forever for what we have tamed."

Do you know if your neighbors saw anything amiss? I don't know if you know them at all or if you even have close neighbors. . . maybe see if they heard anything strange or saw anyone weird. . . sometimes I notice things like that going on in our neighborhood, strangers and such . . . prayers for your family!

I'm so sorry to hear this. ...... Elle's made some very good suggestions. .... Please try to make sure one hasn't managed to escape. .... One link to report lost or stolen parrots is this >>>>> http://www.911parrotalert.com/FoundBirdReport.html

We'll be keeping you and your family in our prayers.
    Goofy Lovebird, B.B. Lovebird, and Michael

Were any of these birds banded? I am going to spread this info to my other forums.....I know green quakers and goffins are both common birds, so it will be hard to identify them if they don't have a band.
    I hope that someday people can understand that it's not "just a bird,"
    but the very thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a
    human."

Omg i couldn't imagine my fids being stolen! Our heart goes out to you were any of the big birds with chips?
    Praying for you please keep us updated!
    ....Two little birds were on my doorstep, singing sweet songs in a melody pure and true.....

Everyone's given all excellent suggestions- yes, absolutely keep an eye out on:

Craigslist
    Want Ad
    Kijiji
    Hoobly

Chris recommended answering any ads re: these birds up for sale in your area- but if you do this, PLEASE BE CAREFUL! If you end up going to meet up with people who you suspect may have your birds, don't go alone- if you suspect you've found your birds, call the police, even if they seem not to care. I know how police can sometimes be with regard to lost or stolen pets, I hope for your sake that the ones dealing with your case are helpful!

Can anyone else list other sites on which birds and other animals are often sold or traded?

Pips Mom made an excellent point- spreading the word about this on other bird forums. I will do so on mine so that if anyone has information or if anyone may go onto the sites looking to sell, they will contact me and I can pass on the information.

Perhaps someone can make a website?

My goodness, Jan, if there is ANYTHING we can do for you- you know my e-mail. Do not hesitate to PM me. I am off to send a message to my other bird forum and mailing list.

Our hearts go out to you.
    Last edited by Enko_chan; 06-01-2009 at 09:23 PM.
    Midi,
    Frey, Odie , Auri, Fili , Mae, Burbank , Iris & Hermes

Angry Re: My birds were STOLEN

Hi, I can't believe someone would do this! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Barb