Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad Gremaldo

Default Re: Sad Gremaldo

He does it at the worst times, too. Sometimes for 5 or 10 minutes. These are the times I'd love to go in and pick him up so he'll be quiet, but I don't, because I don't want to give him attention for it.
    Reward the behavior you want! When he's being quiet, tell him what a good bird he is! Birds are intelligent. It won't take him long to realize that he has to be quiet in order to get the attention he wants.

If his noise is contact calls, respond but respond quietly. Perhaps moving his cage to a location where he has a better view of what's going on might help. This is assuming you have room available to do it.

Alex (BFA) simply goes through Amazon overload every day at just about the same time. It lasts a short time and she's done. That's one of the few behaviors I haven't been able to modify!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Thanks, Linda-

Yep- we're working on it. I've gone to hundreds of websites, spoken to bird behaviorists, tried countless techniques.

Still loud. I wish you could hear it. OMG

Jeni (me),
    Flapjack, doh 12/12/06 and Gremaldo, doh 6/06
    Flappuccino (Yellow sided GCC), doh 7/07
    Flapdancer/Nokomis (BH Caique), doh 2005

My macaws are pretty loud when they get started so I can sympathize with your eardrums!!!! Mine scream when they want to let me know that someone is coming to the door, they want to go to bed or they want more attention.......... All in all, they aren't too bad but it's enough to make your ears ring for a few seconds.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.