Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone have a bird that dislikes other birds?

Default Re: Does anyone have a bird that dislikes other birds?

Yep its Jaden here. And the problem is hes the biggest one! I have to just keep a very close eye on him

http://bythedozen.shutterfly.com/
    (the story behind everyone)

I've observed that Juanita will not back down in a squabble with Petey, so I'm not surprised that Evolet will not back down in a fight with your parrotlet. I think females are incapable of backing down. This could also be true for female parrotlets, in which case, you have a volatile mix!

My Petey will try to hide behind Juanita, as the females are the bold warriors with their kind; I don't think males are expected to fight.

Petey

Oh yes, my girls are fighters. LOL. Gotta love them though.

Joey, Evolet, Pantalaimon, Jada, Chomper, Milo, Hermes, Apollo, Orion, Basil, Ginger, Pepper, Sage, and Wasabi
    http://flockandthings.blogspot.com/

Don't worry.... you are not the only one out there with a bird that dislikes others.

Eddie and Jimmy somehow got the breeder box side door open on their cage while I was at work. 9 hours later when I returned from work I found my babies with a cut on their foot each, a little blood on Eddies cheek, and they were all dirty. I suspect they flew on top of the conures cage. The bites were only superficial luckily. Maybe all my "No bite!!" and "Easy!" practice with Rollie and Becky helped. Scary stuff.

Plus Jimmy has to be watched like a hawk when the tiels are out with him. I do not let the conures out with anyone else.

So... you are not alone. Having multiple breeds just requires some creativity.
    Laura- Human Eddie - my 1st and light of my life Aussie Cin. Peachie Jimmy - heavily pied Peachfaced Lovie Burt- Meyer's Parrot Hatched 01/2005 (and adopted by me on the luckiest day of my life - 09/30/2011) PBird Blue Front Amazon (35+ years old?) Adopted by me on both of our luckiest days .... officially on Dec. 13, 2011) Marley - pied Peachfaced angel - flew to the Rainbow Bridge on 11/05/08

eddie and jimmy!!!!!! talk about partner's in crime.

does jimmy boss the tiels around?

Joey, Evolet, Pantalaimon, Jada, Chomper, Milo, Hermes, Apollo, Orion, Basil, Ginger, Pepper, Sage, and Wasabi

Oh bookworm sorry to hear about jada being a little bully, LOL poor pan he's probably wondering what the heck he did! I always heard parrotlets had little attitudes and a lot of times it was towards other birds, so thats completely common. Just keep an eye out when they are together and hopefully jada will begin to mind her own business. You definitely dont want a fight to ensue where something irreversible happens. Hopefully you wont have to resort to not letting them play together at all, but that might have to become an option if you dont want them to hurt one another. Birds are fast!!

Proud Momma to Five!!

yeah, Pan hates her now. I don't know why she always picks on him either. she never does w/ the other two. i think she can sense that he's on the bottom of the pecking order. He used to be real good w/ her til she turned into a bully on him. I mean, he never bothered her, never bullied her to get off his toys, or anything. Oh well. at least Evolet loves Pan. A lot. Those two are in love

i will have to say that since i got jada, Pan has been trusting me more and more. he hops on more easily and quickly. his wings that were overclipped are now growing back, so he has more confidence and can glide across the room now w/o crash landing. he is still a bit skittish, but much more improved.