Thread: Wires, Wires, Wires!!!! Warning!

Unhappy Wires, Wires, Wires!!!! Warning!

I almost lost my Ethel because she was on top of the curtains waaay up chewing through a cable wire!! Didn't find out until the cable repair man traced the wire back to source. If Ethel had bitten the 40 Volt wire, she probably would have died I called my vet and he said most likely Ethel wouldn't have ingested the plastic bits as she wouldn't have recognized them as food.

Default Re: Wires, Wires, Wires!!!! Warning!

My guys are the same, birds seem to find wires just to good to go past! Lucky Very Lucky!

Yikes! Glad Ethel is okay! Yeah, these little stinkers ALWAYS find trouble, don't they? We're very careful to unplug things when Kiwi is out.

She was not quite what you would call refined.
    She was not quite what you would call unrefined.
    She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.

Yup, Pip is a wire chewer too! On our old computer he had chewed the wires going to one of the speakers, so I had to cover up all the wires with a little blanket so nobirdy could get to them anymore! On the new computer, no birdies are allowed to play around the monitor anymore.....they still try once in a while, but have left all wires alone with this one! computer wires are really the ones in the room they are in that I need to worry about....any other wires are on the floor where they never go.
    I hope that someday people can understand that it's not "just a bird,"
    but the very thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a
    human."

There's a sturdy plastic tubing you can get that is cut on one side to let you insert wires so that birds or other types of critters can't get at the cords.I think my boyfriend got ours from Radio Shack about 8 years ago and not sure they carry that sort of stuff still, but it's been handy to have I can tell you that =)

OMG! Im glad Ethel is ok!!!

Proud Momma to Five!!