Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fresh veggies and fruits

Default Re: Fresh veggies and fruits

Does anyone think that i should be concerned that Banana isnt showing much instrest in the formula now?? I went to go feed him this morning along with the others and i had a hard time getting him to eat it. I might of got him to eat about 3 cc's but i would've had to force him to eat it. I'm hoping that its just him getting full off of the "big bird" food. Hes acting normal and there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with him. Hes doing all the things that he normally does but its just that he doesnt want much to do with the formula...So should i be concerned??

If the baby isn't showing interest in his formula, don't force him to eat it.

Juanita's baby eventually absolutely refused to eat his formula, ducked his head into my palm, wriggled, turned his head, kept his mouth closed, (I had to supplement feed for a while) so I fed him only at night, and then maybe, maybe, a tiny squirt of formula.

Observe his behavior.

Petey

You may notice that your babies have a slight drop in weight when they begin refusing their formula and switch over to the "big bird food". I've noticed that my babies slim down a bit when they begin flying and start eating on their own. This is normal.

They couldn't possibly continue growing at the rate they do initially without soon turning into birdie blimps!

I'm not obsessive about weighing my birds each day and as long as I'm not feeling any sharp keelbones and they are active and alert I don't worry.

Linda

Ok well this is good to know! i tried to feed him again this morning but i only got him to eat about 2 cc's and then gave them all fresh veggies seeds millet and avi-cakes all mixed together...I know that they are eating through out the day and when i have them out of the cage to play i always put "big bird" food out for them along with some water...Today i waited 12 whole hours to feed them and they all ate to my liking and i was watching very carefully all day to see if they were all eating the "big bird" food and they were so i think im going to take it down to two feedings a day since they are all eating the food now.

Oh and i have to show everyone a pic on Lemon's new trick!!!! She learned this all by herself LOL
    Lemon playing Dead LMAO
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...Juni07/056.jpg

Here are some more pics of the babies and of Lemon...Notice how her head has improved SO MUCH!!!
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...Juni07/058.jpg
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...Juni07/061.jpg
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...Juni07/042.jpg

Lemon's Favorite spot!
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...Juni07/030.jpg

That would be my favorite spot to!!!!!
    Sounds like you got a favorite of your clutch of babies not going to mention any names *cough lemon cough*
    ....Two little birds were on my doorstep, singing sweet songs in a melody pure and true.....

LMAO yea your right!!! but i love Banana and Plum too tho! Only cause they give me kisses when i ask and even when im not paying them any attention!! LOL

You're doing well with your young fledglings by observing their eating habits closely. Soon you will not have to hover so anxiously!

That Lemon has indeed improved--almost can't tell that she's a stargazer. Her trick shows a great deal of trust in you. My own will not be caught dead doing that stunt.

Oh-la-la, so saucy, that "favorite" spot.

Petey

Well thanks so much! I've tried so hard to do the right things so i guess its all paying off!

Wow i didnt know that would have to do with trusting me! But its a nice thing to know LOL hopefully she gets over trying to bite at my fingers LOL she doesnt do it as much as she has like a week ago but its still there. You know how a baby wants a binkie (pacifier)?? It seems its like that to me. She doesnt bite hard, well sometimes she can get carried away, but most of the time she is just doing the nibbling thing but i always tell her no in a nice voice and either put her in the cage again or i pick her up and put her some where else and just ignore her but she always ends up back on my hand doing the samething over and over again lol

She hasnt started to fly yet either. She gets a little gliding here and there and flaps her wings till she hovers but she tried to fly once and did a circling crash and after that she hasnt tried it again. The poor baby. I'm hoping that like her stargazing it gets better in time!