Thread: toys

Red face toys

my two babys dont play alot with there toys why?? another thing its hard to get them back in there cage just the boy what can i do??

Default Re: toys

How long have you had them? Sometimes it takes birds a little while to warm up to toys, especially if they arent used to them. I know my parrotlet barely plays with his toys, but he loves his shredding toys. I would just give them some time, they will warm up to them. As far as not getting back in the cage - well they are enjoying play time too much!! They will learn in time, youll just have to somewhat force them to go back and let them have some time alone so they get used to being in there when you are home. Keep us posted!!

Proud Momma to Five!!

My lovebird boo only plays with her swing sunshine only plays with boo lol my tiels thos loooooove thier toys everybirdy is different.
    ....Two little birds were on my doorstep, singing sweet songs in a melody pure and true.....

i have them for a 1mon they love playing only with the swings i have another thing why does the girl just sit she dont play alot and the boy like to be look around at new things he love be next to the computer i guess cuz i go to youtube and i put lovebirds sing lololo but the girl she just sit i want her to be like him just moving around so what is wrong with her maybe cuz she was handfeed that why ?? its funny went he see me in the computer he find a away to come to me but i still cant hold him remember he dont like my hand just my head

Quote Originally Posted by dayz View Post
    my two babys dont play alot with there toys why?? another thing its hard to get them back in there cage just the boy what can i do??
    Hi Dayz. Welcome to our community! ... Aside from how long you've had them, do you know their age? ... Do they know how to "step up"? ... Although some birds do play quite often, others may not. Much will depend on the type of care you provide as well as their individual personalities. If your two lovebirds are still relatively young, there's plenty of time to get to know each other. Please be aware, gender can make a difference. Males are generally a little more outgoing, whereas the females best interest is guarding their home/cage. Are you certain your birds are in fact male/female?

Quote Originally Posted by dayz View Post
    i have them for a 1mon they love playing only with the swings i have another thing why does the girl just sit she dont play alot and the boy like to be look around at new things he love be next to the computer i guess cuz i go to youtube and i put lovebirds sing lololo but the girl she just sit i want her to be like him just moving around so what is wrong with her maybe cuz she was handfeed that why ?? its funny went he see me in the computer he find a away to come to me but i still cant hold him remember he dont like my hand just my head
    Swings are good for all parrots! .. Great to hear you've provided them! .... Really, there is nothing wrong with your female lovebird. More so than handfeeding (which can be a helpful start for taming young birds) her lack of enthusiasm might just be her personality, or it may be that she's yet to learn how to play. ... Reason? ... Parrots often have no clue what toys are. Some may think toys are evil objects, and others might think they make wonderful mates. Only time will tell what will eventually become your birds habits and preferences. Most of all though, it will take loads of patience and understanding on your part. .... What are your lovebirds names? ..... Along with our forums, have you checked out the "Lovebird Resource Library"?.............
    Goofy Lovebird, B.B. Lovebird, and Michael

Quote Originally Posted by thebubbleking View Post
    My lovebird boo only plays with her swing sunshine only plays with boo lol my tiels thos loooooove thier toys everybirdy is different.
    Just the opposite here.....lovies LOVE their toys! but the tiels not as much! chew toys are the biggest hit here, birdie pinatas. They all have their favorites, so you just have to figure out what your female likes!
    I hope that someday people can understand that it's not "just a bird,"
    but the very thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a
    human."

Thumbs up Re: toys

i just want to say thank u for all the help

What are your lovebirds names? ..... Along with our forums, have you checked out the "Lovebird Resource Library"?.............[/QUOTE]

they are scooby and lucy will about the step up they dont like my hand they are scared of it so i need alot of help with that about the library i need to go cuz i want to know more things about lovebirds cuz i love my babys alot they are like my kids

Hello Scooby and Lucy!.............

Regarding those step ups. ... Instead if trying to use your fingers/hands, have you ever tried stick training?
    Goofy Lovebird, B.B. Lovebird, and Michael

Talking Re: toys

Regarding those step ups. ... Instead if trying to use your fingers/hands, have you ever tried stick training?[/QUOTE]

no i haved i need to try that let see what happen guess what went i tell scooby it time to sleep he go in the cage im happy i tell him good boy scooby and i kiss them good night so they know its time to sleep