Thread: B.B.'s disappearing act!

Default B.B.'s disappearing act!

B.B. has found himself great hiding spot. .. After a few trips upstairs with both birds in tow, Beebs decided to stay behind and hang out in one of the bird safe rooms we keep open just for them. .. Now rest assured, i've spent many months bird proofing our whole house, so basically the two upstairs rooms offer no escape routes what so ever. Really, losing a lovie up there is virtually impossible. ... Until the other day. .... Apparently while removing a jacket from the closet, ole Beeber decided to somehow slip past me making himself right at home amongst the comfy wardrobe. After awhile, and hearing what I thought were his usual contact calls, it was time to retrieve him for a little downstairs R&R. ... Problem was, he was nowhere to be found!............Although I could still hear him, after a few minutes of unsuccessful searching, it wasn't long before panic set in, and of course by now the only obvious place left to search was the closet. Yet, after rifling through all the clothes, he was still nowhere to be seen! .... Well, apparently each time I checked the closet, the little booger was hiding in the clothes. And as some obnoxious lovebirds will have it, they enjoy watching you from two feet away while you frantically search for their whereabouts. .... Open the closet door...silence. ... Close the closet door...PEEEP! .... Finally, after waiting a bit to zero in on his innocent little peeps, flinging the closet door open, I came face to face with our little perpetrator. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ourgoofy/3982337504/

Needless to say, it will be awhile before I let this little bluestreak out of my sight..................
    Goofy Lovebird, B.B. Lovebird, and Michael

Default Re: B.B.'s disappearing act!

Ahaha silly B.B.! What a little stinker! I actually laughed out loud at your story. I can totally see him hiding when you open the door and then chirping at you when you close it. Little brat.

She was not quite what you would call refined.
    She was not quite what you would call unrefined.
    She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.

hahah! i've had those frantic moments! and you are sooo right... they stay quiet exactly when you want them to cheep! the little stinkers...

Wet. Stinky. Birdie.

Leave it to a lovebird!!! The game was great fun until Beebs got busted.........
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Thanks for the early morning giggle!

Quote Originally Posted by HaleBoppPeachyluv View Post
    hahah! i've had those frantic moments! and you are sooo right... they stay quiet exactly when you want them to cheep! the little stinkers...
    Yep. I, too, have had those frantic moments, only to find Buddy sitting on the shoji screen, or curtain rod, or table, watching me with great interest I have a theory about why they do that, though. If they can see us, they assume we can see them. So why give a contact call Those are for when we aren't in visual contact! They probably figure we are just indulging ourselves in some new game

lol silly bb! Sunshine loves doing that hence his middle name i tell you our birds give us more grey hairs then our human kids!
    Oh and bubble my theory is they dont answer because the longer you take to find them the better the hideing spot! Need proof look at bb birds eyes lol
    ....Two little birds were on my doorstep, singing sweet songs in a melody pure and true.....

What a funny story! Bobble loves being in and on clothes on the hanger and going in the wardrobe to bite all the coathangers!

they are such funny little characters aren't they??????? B.B. sure looks cute sitting in the closet!!!
    Robyn & Kiwi