I appreciate all the info guys, makes me feel a little better about the situation.

I located a good vet in the area and will be making an appt soon for checkups and dna sexing.

I went home from work yesterday and started monitoring them again. Sure enough the new lovie, which we named Pepper (short for peppermint) was trying to eat and doing well, until Pita got curious once again and came over to investigate and sure enough shoved s/he out of the way. This went on for a little bit but nothing really serious but nevertheless still bothered me. I tried putting the divider back in the cage last night around bedtime and they did not like that at all. Pepper was stuck on the divider wall with its beak at the top perched for about 20 mins, while Pita was frantically trying to find a way through. This was pretty depressing for me, so i just removed the divider and all was well for them again. i just felt bad and couldn't stand to see them that way

But like Bubbleking mentioned, they are grooming each other, feeding each other etc,,, so all is well for now. well see what happens at the vet.

Thanks again for all your comments!