Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bird keeps landing on my head

Default Re: Bird keeps landing on my head

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyAga View Post
    With all due respect to your vet, I say that the dominance issue with these lovies is not as relevant as it would be with bigger parrots, such as Amazons, Greys, Macaws, you get the idea.

My approach to these lovies is one of live-and-let-live, except where their health and safety might be an issue; otherwise, I let them lord it over me, if it pleases them.
    Hmmm, that's the approach I've taken, and the vet's attitude is that I've been warned but the birds are happy, so no issue. It'd be nice if Kiki was friendlier to my wife, but I think there is a situation of an immovable object v an irresistable force. I've had bigger birds (galahs) when I was younger, and I'd have to say the lovies make up in determination (and nipping power) what they lack in size.

Since you mentioned it, if you would compare your 6-week old with CompassionAk's 6-week old--just to be sure--it would be good. Her photos tracked some of the stages of development of her chicks.

You don't seem to be perturbed about taking care of such a young baby so maybe you have experience in taking care of baby lovies. However, if you are uncertain, then this is the place to ask questions.

Please study and compare your 6-week old (feather vs. down, length of tail feathers, color of beak, head size vs body size, and any other points you might consider) to CompassionAk's chicks. I'm hoping you don't really have a 6-week old, but an older chick.

http://www.lovebirdsplus.com/communi...3&postcount=17

Petey

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyAga View Post
    Since you mentioned it, if you would compare your 6-week old with CompassionAk's 6-week old--just to be sure--it would be good. Her photos tracked some of the stages of development of her chicks.

You don't seem to be perturbed about taking care of such a young baby so maybe you have experience in taking care of baby lovies. However, if you are uncertain, then this is the place to ask questions.

Please study and compare your 6-week old (feather vs. down, length of tail feathers, color of beak, head size vs body size, and any other points you might consider) to CompassionAk's chicks. I'm hoping you don't really have a 6-week old, but an older chick.

http://www.lovebirdsplus.com/communi...3&postcount=17
    It looks like the bird at 7 weeks old, which makes sense, because I got the bird at age 6 - 6 1/2 weeks (according to the breeder who did the handfeeding), and I have had her for a week which makes it 7 - 7 1/2 weeks. If the information helps, I got her on the same day she stopped being handfed.

Why would I be perturbed about caring for a young baby? It's not rocket science.

I have absolutely no experience with lovebirds aside from a 1-2 month battle with trying to tame a wild one.
    Last edited by shinbatsu; 12-17-2009 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbatsu View Post
    Why would I be perturbed about caring for a young baby? It's not rocket science.

I have absolutely no experience with lovebirds aside from a 1-2 month battle with trying to tame a wild one.
    she's just asking cuz some people aren't comfortable with handfeeding babies is all.

Joey, Evolet, Pantalaimon, Jada, Chomper, Milo, Hermes, Apollo, Orion, Basil, Ginger, Pepper, Sage, and Wasabi
    http://flockandthings.blogspot.com/

whoa!!! you are maya's friend!!!! LOL. tell that girl to get back on here cuz the only time i see her is on facebook, like right now. and i thought you were a chick this whole time!!
    Last edited by bookworm0550; 12-21-2009 at 07:59 PM.

Joey, Evolet, Pantalaimon, Jada, Chomper, Milo, Hermes, Apollo, Orion, Basil, Ginger, Pepper, Sage, and Wasabi

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm0550 View Post
    she's just asking cuz some people aren't comfortable with handfeeding babies is all.
    I'm not comfortable with handfeeding. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm0550 View Post
    whoa!!! you are maya's friend!!!! LOL. tell that girl to get back on here cuz the only time i see her is on facebook, like right now. and i thought you were a chick this whole time!!
    !!! How did you know? She was the one that got me into birds. Haha. I used to be into aquatics.

You thought I was a chick? what? Do I talk like one?

well, maya and i are friends on facebook and i noticed her new album "crow". i mention to her that "this chick on lovebirdplus has a bird named crow as well that looks like yours." and then she told me that it it's not a chick, it's a dude and it's her friend. haha. i seriously thought it was maya under a different name.

i only thought you were a chick cuz of your profile pic. i thought the video of you when crow bit you in the face was your boyfriend and the girl laughin in the background was you (but it was maya!)