Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lovebird Bath question

Default Re: Lovebird Bath question

I am wondering if I have the only lovie who hates to bathe? LOL

While a few birds don't like to bathe, they are the exception rather than the rule. It's very possible that yours just doesn't feel comfortable bathing yet or he hasn't figured out how to do it. If you have a spray bottle, set it for a fine mist and mist above his head, letting the mist fall down like rain. He may find it enjoyable but you won't know until you try it. I usually use tepid water rather than cold.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Cipher HATES bathing too! I was looking forward to having a little shower partner, or a dishwashing assistant, but noooooo.
    "Still missing my sweet little Cipher, and not-so-patiently waiting for my new bundle o' feathers to wean!"
    -Rebekah

Thumbs up Re: Lovebird Bath question

Both my lovies bathe in the water dish it's hilarious Big Boy normally gets in first but if Roxy sees him she will push him out so she can go first even though she wasn't intending on having one . Quick question whilst my 2 are hatching chicks I've noticed they aren't bathing is this to make sure the chicks don't get cold if there damp or wet??? We have 4 babies now 4 more to hatch yayyyyyy!!!!! Xxxxxx

The female is bathing so that there's enough moisture in the nest for the shells on the remaining eggs will soften so the babies can crack the hard calcium. Not to worry about what mom is doing. She knows what to do!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Pixel prefers it if there's running water, so I tend to cup my hands under the sink faucet and he'll hop on down and bathe, it's the cutest thing I've ever seen, especially afterwards when he's rubbing his head down on my shoulder!