Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bird insurance?

Default Bird insurance?

Is there such a thing as bird insurance for a reasonable price. I have a lovebird and for an exray its 180 dollars... thats a little too much for me esp since I am unemployed. If anyone knows any websites or any places it would be greatly appreciated...

Default Re: Bird insurance?

I honestly have no idea! I've heard of pet insurance before, but never researched it in great detail.
    "Still missing my sweet little Cipher, and not-so-patiently waiting for my new bundle o' feathers to wean!"
    -Rebekah

Yipes! That's really a bit steep! I've heard of pet insurance and I think some vet's offices offer it to their clients. There's also a credit card type thing called Care ( http://www.carecredit.com/ ). One thing for sure. Vet care ain't cheap!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

oh yeah... vet care is costly. i wish my Sunnybird could be covered as a dependent under my family care insurance. I took her for an annual checkup last week & just to look at her... thankfully she's healthy, no meds required... the exam was $70... and we were there maybe 20min.

Wet. Stinky. Birdie.

I actually have medical and life insurance on my show horses. There is also a type of disability insurance for equine athletes If they get injured and can't compete anymore. I haven't had to use mine bt a friend of mine had to have colic surgery on her horse and only ended up paying her $500 deductible. The bill was about $25,000 so it was worth it. Horse injuries tend to be super expensive like that. I don't have it on my other animals cuz I don't think I'd ever meet the deductible on well visits and the surgeries tend to run in the hundreds and not the tens of thousands. (very risky putting a horse under anesthesia so the cost is just unreal)
    A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. Jst ignore any missing "U"s, the bird ate my keyboard.

I don't have any on my animals. But when my dog got hit the vet tried to get us to use Care Credit - Besides not being able to understand a thing about it, it seemed expensive and i really didn't need another monthly bill

So with help from Great friends, We were able to pay the almost 800.00 vet bill in cash (my preference of paying for anything lol) and I still have my Baby girl Minus one leg But you wouldn't know it now 2 1/2 months later she acts like she did before the accident

Glad to hear your puppy is doing well! Aren't animals just amazingly resilient?!
    A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. Jst ignore any missing "U"s, the bird ate my keyboard.

care credit is really a great way to go if paying the bill over time isnt a problem, just having the money all at once is the issue. i used it to get some work done on my teeth once and it was really helpful. i had a steady job and could pay over time, i just didnt have the cash all on hand.

I know this is off-topic, but I think I'm pea-green with jealous that you have horses, nay, show horses! Being a city girl, I had to settle for those decorative Breyer horses, which are nicely detailed, but when your heart is crying for a real, live horse, just doesn't hit the spot.

Can't top that expense--$25,000!

I spent approx $1,005 last year for three lovies at the vet. I'm in San Diego, California. The cost is in the lab work because the vet bill is $65.00. Add in two-three lab tests and it's going to ring up quickly.

Some workplaces offer pet insurance as a benefit. My husband interviewed at such a place--didn't get the job, though.

Petey

I've been considering looking into pet insurance as well...my lovie Frodo's recent visits to the vet have climbed to nearly $1000 in the past two months. Not exactly pocket change! Although I suppose researching it now is kind of belated... (fingers crossed she doesn't have to go back in the very near future).