Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tropical fruit nutriberries=Birdy Crack?

Default Re: Tropical fruit nutriberries=Birdy Crack?

Dave, are you using the Lafeber's Nutri-Berries? I've tried the "regular" ones (cockatiel food) with my new boys with little success. So, the tropical fruit is yummy???? I'll try that! Not that they need any more energy!
    Janie

Oliver, RIP
    Big Boi
    Shy

Quote Originally Posted by Janie
    Dave, are you using the Lafeber's Nutri-Berries? I've tried the "regular" ones (cockatiel food) with my new boys with little success. So, the tropical fruit is yummy???? I'll try that! Not that they need any more energy!
    Yeah the Lafeber ones. he loves the tropical fruit, sunny orchard and the El Paso ones. They also have popcorn nutriberries now too.
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)

One more question.....how do you store them? In the frig? Or just keep them in the container outside the frig?
    Janie

Oliver, RIP
    Big Boi
    Shy

Quote Originally Posted by Janie
    One more question.....how do you store them? In the frig? Or just keep them in the container outside the frig?
    I just store them on the counter. They're in ziplock packages so they keep just fine.

They're only expensive if your birds don't eat them ... mine (who eat darned near any veggie on the planet) will NOT touch a Nutriberry for all the millet in the world.
    ~Jennifer
    He** hath no fury like a nesty hen

Quote Originally Posted by Buy A Paper Doll
    They're only expensive if your birds don't eat them ... mine (who eat darned near any veggie on the planet) will NOT touch a Nutriberry for all the millet in the world.

Well Ditto was weaned on nutriberries and avi-cakes. He would probably tear me apart if he didn't get them daily! It would be worse than running out of sugar snap peas! :eek:

The El Paso nutriberries are now Blu's favorites. She absolutely adores them. They have green peppers and chili peppers in them.
    Elle

It's not a coincidence that both birds and angels have wings!

"Many have forgotten this truth but you must not forget it.
    We remain responsible forever for what we have tamed."

Quote Originally Posted by Elle
    The El Paso nutriberries are now Blu's favorites. She absolutely adores them. They have green peppers and chili peppers in them.
    Ditto loves chili peppers.

He alternates his favorites though. Sometimes it's the el paso's and other times he devours the fruity ones. Depends what he's in the mood for I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherJ
    I was hoping to try the nutriberries on my birds once the preservative was changed but there seems to be a national shortage of them in the UK. I think that there are some restrictions on importing them according to one site. I wonder if it is because they have changed the preservative so now they won't let them be sold here. Typical!

According to what's been said on their site it's because of the UK's rules on products containing eggs. I'll see if I can find the explaination.

Here it is.

Dear European Community customers,

Due to government regulations and very strict customs Health Certificates, the Lafeber products are not available for exportation in to your country at this time.

Our products formulation contains whole egg an ingredient that is animal derived, which requires any product to be submitted to a series of laboratory tests that unless our products are completely sterilized they do not meet the requirements.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you at this time and if we can reformulate our diets in a way that are acceptable for exportation to the European community, we will let you know.

Thank you for your support and understanding!