Thread: really fed up now!

Question really fed up now!

My Keiko was gacking up (Rregurgiating) on a toy I had in the cage, so I removed it and he moved onto gacking on a calcium perch, so I removed that, so he moved on to gacking onto his happy hut, so I removed that....NOW he is gacking in another toy...If I removed everything he gacks on his cage will be empty...WHY is he doing this?How can I make him stop it? it's driving me MAD and Im sure it isn't good for him.
    He shows no interest in my other lovie either.

Default Re: really fed up now!

It is a normal thing. Just give him something to do it on and wash it once a day. As long as he is not losing weight he is OK.

Steph
    Lovebirds fly into you heart and never let go.

I go through the same thing with my Lovie Pele,I took away all his hump toys and everything he would regurgitate on,I gave him stuff to forage and limited daylight but non of that worked and all it did was stress him out and make him start plucking.

He didn't have any toys to regurgitate on so he started a new thing where he would regurgitate on his right foot so I decided to give him his hump toys back and it's helped with the plucking but he still regurgitates on his right foot all day.

I really don't know what to do,I come home from work and there is a giant pyramid of puke on the cage floor(always the same spot) I have to give him a constant supply of food because he regurgitates so much.

I really am at a loss as to what to do that could comfort him enough to make him stop. It's like that's all he thinks about all day is eating and feeding his foot... I seriously have to wonder if he has some kind of mental problem. I am cool with it if he does,I just wish I could better understand him and be of more help!

'giant pyramid of puke'..lol that's exactly what I have in the bottom of my cage everyday

I have one male, 5 this past May, who gacks every day, often. I have at least 10 birdy buddies that I rotate out. If I remove one (trying to get him to stop) he becomes aggressive to my other bird. Not worth it. It is normal but after 5 years I'm sick to death of it. I vacuum 10 times more because of the gack that falls to the floor, even with seed guards in the gage. Not a thing I can do about it but love him in spite of it and hope he'll eventually stop.
    Janie

Oliver, RIP
    Big Boi
    Shy

WOW! This sure makes me feel alot better about Rudy! I thought he was bad! but his gacking is nothing compared to all of you here! All I had to do was remove any soft toys......if the toy had one tiny thing on it that was soft or ropey, he'd gack on it! I got rid of them and gave him different toys and all seems fine now! I'm lucky with Pip.....he's a big time humper, but he never regurgitates. When Rudy started doing this on his cozy, I found out really quick how HARD this is to clean! Plus it's gross!
    I hope that someday people can understand that it's not "just a bird,"
    but the very thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a
    human."

I found a neat way to clean Pele's puke pyramids lol...I place a stack of paper plates in his cage and remove the top one when it gets nasty. It seems like Pele will always gack in the exact same spot so this works great for me.

Now there's a solution to the problem!

While this may sound unreal, with all the lovebirds that I have in my aviaries, I don't have any gackers at the moment! I have a few that like to hump but most like interacting with their lovie companions instead. Maybe I shouldn't let this secret out of the bag, least it get back to the fids!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.