Thread: Any suggestions?

Default Any suggestions?

Ok,don't know what to do or how to do it! Blue eats in the cage,obviously he knows where the food is..BUT HE DOESN'T DRINK!! I spent time peeping while he's eating to see if he's going to drink water too...BUT HE DOESN'T! Seems like he don't see the water dish,which is right next to his food.I even put up a water tube close by too so I am waiting for him to notice!!! IT DRIVES ME CRAZY FOR DAYS because he'd eat and move away from dishes w/o drinking,but when I offer it to him from my hand(in a dish) he'll drink.Sometimes I see him kinda opening his motuh(thinking he's thirsty)sitting next to water the whole time.HOW TO MAKE HIM DRINK IN THERE???HOW TO TEACH HIM HE HAS WATER THERE??? Also,if he opens his mouth like that,does it mean he's thirsty??? Please help so I can be sure he finally knows he has fresh water!!!
    With Cookie,no problem-he drinks all the time,since first day he was in the cage..but Blue...don't know what to do.Cannot keep offering him water-what when no one is home?
    Cookie&Blue

Default Re: Any suggestions?

Well I barely ever see Icetalon drinking but I know she does! I have a feeling that Blue might just be drinking when your not in the room. But in case that he actually my not be drinking I don't really not what you should do, im sure someone else will have some advice for you.

Hmmm, that's strange....all I have to do is show Pip a bowl of water and he's right there taking a drink! He drinks alot and I always see him drinking! Same with Rudy....when I bring him a fresh water dish, he's right there to take a drink.....or a bath!
    I hope that someday people can understand that it's not "just a bird,"
    but the very thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a
    human."

well,if I give it to him-and he's thirsty-he drinks but not by himself! So that's why it's so messed up because I will not always be there to hand it to him...The other one drinks all day...w/o showing him.But this one just don't see it.Or....don't know.But if I give him,he'll drink(unless he is just not thirsty).And no,he is more into trying to get onto food when I feel the dish then water.The other just wait.
    Cookie&Blue

Maybe you should try a water bottle......my Rudy has one and he loves it! He looks like he's giving it little kisses when he drinks from it! It may take a couple of days for him to figure out the water bottle, but they're smart and catch on fast and this way you could tell how much water he's really drinking by how much is gone from the bottle.
    I hope that someday people can understand that it's not "just a bird,"
    but the very thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a
    human."

He has both
    dish and tube! Just in case
    Cookie&Blue

mine wont go down the bottom of the cage to eat or drink they got bowls and tubes aswel i put there food and water at the top next to there perch now iv moved them back at the bottom only had them 4 day how can i get them eating there any advice plz

Sammi - it's cleaner to have the food and water up higher! It keeps your lovies from pooping in their dishes. I keep ours up high, with no perches or toys over top, and it keeps the mess a bit more manageable.
    "Still missing my sweet little Cipher, and not-so-patiently waiting for my new bundle o' feathers to wean!"
    -Rebekah