Thread: He's getting close!

Default He's getting close!

Ohhhhh, this is killing me.....watching Rudy now for a while, he gets SOOO close to going on me.....sometimes he will hover over my head and I can feel the breeze on my head! Tonight I let him out and was talking on the phone and he kept on flying over to me and getting very close! Usually he'll do this once at any given time and then that's it, but tonight he came over to me a few times and when I wasn't paying much attention because I was talking on the phone, I could feel somebirdy preening my hair on the back of my head! Ohh Rudy, just land on me and get it over with!!!! You know you like me!!! He's so funny, he'll even sit right there when I replace his water dish, sit right near where the dish goes and let my hand get right up close to him and he'll just sit there every time, so I know that he trusts me! He is a tough one boy, to tame, but we're almost there! and even then, he only likes me and still freaks out if anyone else gets too close!
    I hope that someday people can understand that it's not "just a bird,"
    but the very thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a
    human."

Default Re: He's getting close!

Ahhhh!!! Cute. I am sure that one of these days he will hop on and never get off!

Joey, Evolet, Pantalaimon, Jada, Chomper, Milo, Hermes, Apollo, Orion, Basil, Ginger, Pepper, Sage, and Wasabi
    http://flockandthings.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm0550 View Post
    Ahhhh!!! Cute. I am sure that one of these days he will hop on and never get off!
    Careful what you wish for!

That's good news, Kim!

Be aware that all lovebirds have velcro on the bottoms of their feet. Once he lands on you, it's all over! Rudy also has the art of teasing down to an art.........
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Wow. That is so exciting! I've always thought your descriptions of Rudy were of a really really sweet bird, and he's quite a cutie. He's so lucky you are letting him take it at his own pace. It does sound like he'll make head contact at any moment. It sounds like there may be a lot of talking on the phone for you in the near future
    Laura O

YAY Kim! I hope he drops in for a landing soon! Glad to hear he's doing well!
    A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. Jst ignore any missing "U"s, the bird ate my keyboard.