Thread: Ezio is Home!

Default Ezio is Home!

Just got back from picking up Ezio and rehoming Lucero. Since he's been an only bird, he's basically been in quarantine and I know he's PBFD negative so that covers a lot of bases. I set up his cage next to my computer desk so we will get to spend time together in the late afternoon, early evening. I follow a sunrise/sunset sleep schedule so everyone here is kind of winding down. Ezio is currently eating, drinking and sitting in the door way of his cage, which I clipped open. With the door to the room closed, there's not a lot that he can get into. On the other side of this room, I have Baby and Wakka, my adopted pair of Tiels so he has birdie company in addition to me.

He's eaten and had a couple of drinks of water so now it's time to check out the outside of his cage in it's new location. The term "shy" does not apply! What a sweetie!

Welcome home, Ezio!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Default Re: Ezio is Home!

So glad that you were able to give Ezio a new home! Congrats on your new "fid"!

& Kimberly

Pictures??

Congrats on your nrw homes Ezio and Lucero!

Barb

I'm really happy Ezio's settling in well. I swear I've never seen a bird that rolls with punches like that guy. He'll inform you quite loudly he does not like the change, then just sorta go with it and go back to his food bowl.

Lucero is doing alright. He's still really skittish about the change, since he's in a new home and a new cage, but we've been sitting near him and just talking to him. When we went to move him to his new cage from the carrier, he hung out with us for a bit on shoulders, even let us scratch his head a bit. Loved to play with my wife's hair and the ever reliable cockatiel magnet, my earrings! He was convinced that my earrings needed to be on top of my ears instead of below them!

Hissed at me a fair amount this morning, but I just ate my breakfast sitting near him chatting with him quietly. Hopefully he'll settle in and we can start training him.

He's absolutely gorgeous though and a real sweetheart!

There's a thread floating about in the photo forums with pics of Ezio, and I snuck some pictures of Lucero that I'll upload later today!

This is really the best scenario for both birds. Lucero is very social and needs more one on one attention than I could give him. I try to be sensitive to the needs of my flock rather than to my own so I can make objective decisions. I also have TJ, another young male, but he's a handfed day 1 baby and very, very, very attached to me! He misses Lucero but he also has a lovebird buddy who cuddles with him.

With my personal pets, I use what I call "flock mode." Everyone is used to interacting with everyone and I fit right in with them. Everyone gets attention, just not straight, undivided time. It's not unusual for me to have several birds with me when I'm watching TV or servicing cages for my evening routine. Eating is interesting, especially when you have parrots that really like to eat anything/everything that happens to be on a dinner plate!
    Linda L.

Can you take some pictures? We are all so anxious to see!!

Congrats!
    Laura- Human Eddie - my 1st and light of my life Aussie Cin. Peachie Jimmy - heavily pied Peachfaced Lovie Burt- Meyer's Parrot Hatched 01/2005 (and adopted by me on the luckiest day of my life - 09/30/2011) PBird Blue Front Amazon (35+ years old?) Adopted by me on both of our luckiest days .... officially on Dec. 13, 2011) Marley - pied Peachfaced angel - flew to the Rainbow Bridge on 11/05/08

I'm just curious, why did Ezio and Lucero switch homes?

I tried to read back old threads....I seen that Ezio needed a new home because staticmoot would be going to Japan to teach English so he couldn't keep Ezio....just missed the whole Lucero rehoming part.....

Can you fill me in, Linda or staticmoot?

Thanks!

& Kimberly

There's a very long history on Lucero that I'm not even going to try to share here, as I would be writing a book. Bottom line is that Lucero is a very social Tiel and, while he was getting attention here and had other birdie companions, it's my personal belief that he would do better as a single pet with someone who could give him that one on one attention. I was not looking to rehome Lucero when I agreed to adopt Ezo but as StaticMoot and I got talking, the match seemed to be a perfect one. Should it not work out, Lucero comes back here. If a pet sitter is needed, Lucero comes here.

I don't think there's anyone more picky about where their birds go than I am.
    Linda L.

Thanks Linda...I didn't even know Lucero was a tiel!

Happy for both birds!

& Kimberly