Thread: Ditto isn't too happy with me right now.....

Default Ditto isn't too happy with me right now.....

I came home today and did my usual cage patrol, looking for anything out of the ordinary (odd poops, lack of poops, and toy inspection, etc...) Everything looked good until I looked in the happy hut. There was a large white blob of something (no not an egg). So I braved the beak (the only time Ditto gets nasty is if I mess with his happy hut or his food (other than to fill it) and retrievedthe blob. It was a piece of string all balled up. I don't know if he just balled it up and spit it out or managed to swallow it and regurgitate it back up, but it was a tightly balled up piece of string. No seeds in it so I'm hoping it was just a spitball. He's eating, and pooping fine so that's good and he's his usual hyper and chirpy self.

Now on to why he's not happy. I removed his favorite toy with all the dangly strings and chopped off all the strands below the knots. He loves those strings, he preens them and loves to let them rub on his head but it's for his own good. I've wanted to trim that one down since I got it but didn't (bad daddy). And for good measure I gave his triangle rocker swing a haircut too even though he never messed with those.

Can't have him swallowing any of those and getting sick again.

Oh yeah, I'm in trouble. He just got done eating and went over to snuggle with the newly trimmed toy. He climbed all over it looking for the strings, chewed on the knots then stood next to it alternately beating it up and yelling at me. I believe I"m going to see a full blown tantrum soon.
    Last edited by Z28Taxman; 05-21-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)

Default Re: Ditto isn't too happy with me right now.....

You really need to sit Ditto down and tell him you just want him to be safe and you aren't about to allow him anything that can make him sick again. Will he understand???? If so, he won't acknowledge it but at least you've told him your side of the story!! Good daddy......
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

At least he's getting it out of his system by beating things up. .. Say... What about building his next happyhut out of Kevlar? ...........
    Goofy Lovebird, B.B. Lovebird, and Michael

Quote Originally Posted by linda040899 View Post
    You really need to sit Ditto down and tell him you just want him to be safe and you aren't about to allow him anything that can make him sick again. Will he understand???? If so, he won't acknowledge it but at least you've told him your side of the story!! Good daddy......
    Funny you say that. We had that chat right after I made my post. And he spent the last half hour getting scritches and beak rubs.

He's already found a new way to have fun. He hangs upside down on the newly trimmed toy and fights with his bell. That makes way more noise than pesky strings.

The tantrum never happened. Instead he went back to eating, playing and doing his look at me, I'm cute dance.

Well he got over it. I came home today and he was on his rope triangle rocker swing just swinging and chirping away.