Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Change in what you can see in the egg

Default Re: Change in what you can see in the egg

I'm glad he looks good to you. Every time i open the nest box I'm worried about what I might find. I got attached the moment I candled his egg and saw movement and I'm so scared that something might happen to him, especially with both mommy and daddy bird in the nest box at night and he keeps getting rolled onto his back.

I just checked his sibling's egg and finally i saw a little head movement by the air pocket. I hope that means he'll be making his grand entrance into the world soon

That's so funny about your lovie raising a tiel. I've seen a lovie hatch and raise a quaker baby for a few weeks until my friend had to pull him. These are such amazing little parrots.

And on the bright side, my lovebird pair is getting experience with these babies except i hope when they have their own that they do not expect me to feed for them

I'm so scared that something might happen to him, especially with both mommy and daddy bird in the nest box at night and he keeps getting rolled onto his back.
    Hatchling lovebird babies are fed while laying on their backs....... Makes perfect sense to mom! He doesn't look any worse for the wear but I would make sure you keep an eye on him. Might be a bit confusing for the lovebirds because I'm sure this baby has its own ideas about which way it wants its body positioned!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Well that makes sense why i keep finding him rolled over, although i read somewhere that dove babies can't breath well on their backs. He's been using the other eggs to lean against so i think that is helping. Momma lovebird tramples all over him when i open up the nest box so i've had to come up with increasingly clever ways to get her out of the box. She's feisty!

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...91452151_n.jpg

Good for size reference He's actually holding his head up a little here, he's definitely getting bigger!

As he gets bigger, she won't be able to roll him over. He really is growing and looking good. You are doing a wonderful job with him!
    Linda L.

Thank you! I just fed him, he's such a good eater! Though I'm sure it'll get harder once his eyes open.

Sterling with a Full crop

I went to double check on his brother/sister. Pip mark visible in his sibling's egg, i'll have two dovelets (thats my term for them) tomorrow!

Thank you so much for being here for reassurance and question answering Linda. I really appreciate it!

Not a problem! Actually, it may get easier once he opens his eyes. The he will see when you have food and respond accordingly. You know you could end up with 2 pet doves............
    Linda L.

OH NO, MORE PET BIRDS .

hehehe. I'll update you tomorrow morning either about Sterling or if his sibling has hatched. I can't wait to do a size comparison between them to see just how much he has grown.

You will be amazed at just how much Sterling has grown in the short time you've been feeding him!
    Linda L.

Sterling made it through the night, although he doesn't look as good today as he did yesterday. I'll take a picture of him at his next feeding. .

There is a little beak sticking out of his sibling's egg, and the baby is breathing and moving in the shell. He'll be out soon

Scratch that, we've got two dovelets in the box now. Sterling and his younger sibling Spyro