Thread: Pichu-Mutation Question

Question Pichu-Mutation Question

Pichu is only nine weeks old. The lady who bred him had the father who looked just like him but with orange right on top on the white on his face. She had no clue what type of mutation that him and his father are and I have not been able to find any like Pichu online anywhere. He is a creamino, yellow and the feathers coming in around his eyes are white. But one thing sets him apart, instead of a yellow and white tail, its grey, then black and white. I hope the image works, I want to know if anyone has any clue what this is and if it is rare or not. I don't care either way, I love him so much, I just want to know!

Default Re: Pichu-Mutation Question

https://twitter.com/i/#!/Ashleyy226/...com%2F0jwj1Lfs

here is a link to the picture if it doesn't work!

Logged on to twitter and was able to see your pics. Your bird isn't a cremino but a blue series Australian Cinnamon (pallid) with a double dark factor. Also it's a she...not a he

Australian Cinnamon is a sex linked gene (male needs one from each parent to show and females only need one from the father to show). The reason your bird's tail is dark is due to the double dark factor. If the bird didn't have any she would have a bright turquoise colored rump and if she had only one then it would be cobalt. Hope this straightens things out a bit.
    Last edited by kmbrlyv; 11-05-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Oh wow that helps a lot! haha. I would have NEVER been able to figure that out myself! Now I am nervous. the Breeder told me females are not as friendly as males, although it is superrrrrr friendly right now.

Breeder told me females are not as friendly as males
    Take that with a huge grain of salt! Each bird is an individual so the general comment may or may not apply to your lovebird. I've got several lovie hens that are very sweet, even when they are laying eggs.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.