Thread: Non Toxic Carpet Freshners

Exclamation Non Toxic Carpet Freshners

Does anyone know if there are non toxic carpet freshners ( powder form ) and also will my fireplace affect my birds eventhough they are not in the same room JackandRuby
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated"

Default Re: Non Toxic Carpet Freshners

I don't know of any non-toxic carpet fresheners off the top of my head, but I'm sure someone here will know of something. Perhaps just plain old baking soda to absorb and odors and then vacuum? The fireplace shouldn't bother the birds especially if they are in the other room. Any fumes from anything but wood burning could be hazardous though.
    MJ

MJ,
    My first thought would be baking soda. It will definitely absorb odors and won't leave any of its own. Sprinkle on the carpet, let it sit for a while to do its job and then just vaccuum up.

Fireplaces should be OK as long as the chimney is clean if this one burns wood. As long as the smoke is drawn up and out, I can't see this as being a danger. However, I learned from my in-laws that you don't burn cedar! Talk about something that "pops" in a fireplace!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Hey,

I don't use a powder, I use a non aresol spray called Odor Assasin. It smells like an orange dreamsicle(YUMMMM). I order it on line. It is all natural, so no harm to birdies
    "Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath
    her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings."
    -Victor Hugo

Lori