Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help deciding best care for our Nutley while we leave the country for 6-9 months

Default Re: Need help deciding best care for our Nutley while we leave the country for 6-9 mo

I'm so very sorry to hear about Nutley! I'm glad your parents took him to their house, as being alone is not a good thing, even if someone stopped in everyday. My own parrots need observing everyday, as they can get themselves into more trouble without even trying!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Default Re: Need help deciding best care for our Nutley while we leave the country for 6-9 mo

What very sad news. I am so very sorry for your loss. At least you know he was being well cared for and he wasn't alone.

Fly High, Nutley!

Carrie, Fenway, Wrigley & Gracie (Scottie Puppy)

Chelsea Amazing Grace R.I.P. 01/24/92-01/18/08

Oh no!
    That's so sad
    I remember reading this post. What happened????
    Happiness is spending time with your lovebird

Thank you for your kind thoughts. My mom said he was happy as a clam up until the day before he died. Then he was just quiet and not flying and really cuddling with my dad all day. He's done that before though after a night fright, so it wasn't something we were too alarmed about. Then the next morning he was sitting at the bottom of his cage with fluffed up feathers. He dragged when he walked. My mom rushed him to the hospital and they hooked him up to an IV for fluids and antibiotics, but he died shortly after. The vet said it was a bacterial infection. She said there was likely nothing we could have done differently, it was just something that happened.

We're all so crushed, and feeling so guilty for not being there with him. We keep looking at pictures of his sweet face. He was the kindest, gentlest little bird. He was so loved and never went without people in his final weeks, which makes me feel a bit better.

Thanks again for your kind words.

I'm so sorry for your loss
    Happiness is spending time with your lovebird