Thread: Weird bubbly noises when chirping

Exclamation Weird bubbly noises when chirping

My 6 month old makes some strange noises when she chirps sometimes, she has been doing it ever since she started becoming vocal. It is a weird bubbly grunting noise that sounds almost like she is congested but it only happens sometimes and she doesnt seem sick aside from that. Is this a normal thing, or does she need to be taken to a vet?

Default Re: Weird bubbly noises when chirping

Is this Amelia your refering to? .. Any possibility you could share with us a couple of recent photo's, or better yet, a short video? Chances are she's fine and well. But lets see.
    Goofy Lovebird, B.B. Lovebird, and Michael

Yes it is Amelia, are you looking for photos of anything specific? Will upload a video to youtube in the meanwhile, may take some time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Larose- View Post
    Yes it is Amelia, are you looking for photos of anything specific? Will upload a video to youtube in the meanwhile, may take some time though.
    If she's been making these bubbly grunting noises since she's started chirping, its likely just normal chatter. .. With a decent photo, sometimes we can see indications of health issues via poor feathering, stance, eye clarity, etc. A video a bit more in that hopefully we can not only hear the sounds your refering to, but see how active she is. .. If however, despite this you feel she may be ill, then a vet exam is your best option. In fact, it might not be a bad idea to at least opt for a "well bird exam", even if she's fine.

Thanks I am waiting on her to make the noises again so i can get a video.

Here is a video with her doing the weird noises i described earlier. Cant get the best view of her while doing it because she likes to eat my phone but shes scared of my real camera She sounds like a piglet nursing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aniQ1PuHicQ

Here is a link to the youtube channel I made for bird videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJ...wcAIXPUp8p1zJw

The other video uploaded today (4/14/2014) was filmed today and you get a good view of her.

Ditto makes those kind of noises too. I call them his angry mumble. He usually does it when he's beating up a toy.

Sometimes I call it the "angry Budgie". He does sound like an angry budgie when he gets wound up and one of his toys needs an attitude adjustment!
    Last edited by Z28Taxman; 04-14-2014 at 05:01 PM.
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)

Ah.. and yet another lovebird who likes to blow berries. .. Really, i'd say Mimi is pretty much a happy camper. And of course, she also appears quite healthy. .. Eventually though, I would at least give some thought towards securing a "well bird exam". Better to have on hand an avian vet (preferably a certified avian vet) who, in the event of illness or injury, is already familiar with the patient he/she is dealing with. .. Thanks for sharing Mimi's Youtube videos. ........

I just looked through the videos...Mimi is such a little angel!!!!!! What a sweet little bird.
    All I can say is awwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!
    Happiness is spending time with your lovebird

Thanks a lot for your input everyone!