Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong dittobird?

Default Re: What's wrong dittobird?

As I always say, if it can be done, a lovebird will do it!!! He's just trying to make sure you are paying attention and you sure are!!!

Ginger and Harley are my 2 that constantly get into trouble! Greys are way too smart and what one doesn't think of, the other will! I got up this morning to find Harley wandering around the floor in the living room! Not sure what he was looking for (other than me) but he was still searching when I found him!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Dag nabbit Dittobird! .. Your starting to make ME nervous! Between you and the Beeb's... enough is enough already!!! .........

Goofy Lovebird, B.B. Lovebird, and Michael

Quote Originally Posted by linda040899 View Post
    As I always say, if it can be done, a lovebird will do it!!! He's just trying to make sure you are paying attention and you sure are!!!

Ginger and Harley are my 2 that constantly get into trouble! Greys are way too smart and what one doesn't think of, the other will! I got up this morning to find Harley wandering around the floor in the living room! Not sure what he was looking for (other than me) but he was still searching when I found him!
    That's one thing I don't have to worry about with Ditto. He won't wander around the house alone. If I'm in the house he'll find me (well if I'm on the first floor, he wont' fly upstairs). If he can't fine me he goes back to his cage and waits for me to come into view. I proved that by leaving him out of the cage and going outside and watching through the window. He flew around calling a few times then back to the cage. As soon as I came in the door there was a little yellow screaming fighter jet flying right for me.

He's eating again and having a good old time so he seems back to "normal".
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)

I went to visit my parents for an hour and when I got home I heard a very loud lovebird call as soon as I got to the door! I can't sneak up on the Dittobird, he knows when I'm coming home even when I walk home.

Look for poops, yep, normal ones. So I looked in the food dish and there was a lot less in there. I took it out and the 6 full and 3 partial avi-cakes that were in there 2 hours before were GONE! Also gone were quite a few nutriberries with only enough crumbs to cover the bottom of the 3 inch diameter bowl. That bowl is 3 inches in diameter and 2 1/2 inches deep and was filled to the top at 9:30 and by 11:30 it was down to half.

I'd say he's feeling good now!

Ditto's appetite sounds like a good match for Echo's! Between the 2 of them, they would put one owner in the poor house if they lived in the same home! Echo is always hungry, even if he's just eaten! He LOVES nuts of any kind.....shelled walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews, pistachios (all unsalted, of course)!!! If I have any kind of food, he will moon dance until I offer him something.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Quote Originally Posted by linda040899 View Post
    Ditto's appetite sounds like a good match for Echo's! Between the 2 of them, they would put one owner in the poor house if they lived in the same home! Echo is always hungry, even if he's just eaten! He LOVES nuts of any kind.....shelled walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews, pistachios (all unsalted, of course)!!! If I have any kind of food, he will moon dance until I offer him something.
    Oh yes. I can't believe how much that little bird can eat. Even without wasting anything a 3 pound bag of nutriberries lasts at most 3 weeks, sometimes less. Although now that it's summer he eats less. In winter if he's being wasteful a 3 pound bag can last less than 2! A pack of avi-cakes usually lasts a week or a week and a half.

Even if he's just eaten a lot I can put in a fresh bowl and he just has to have some more, I can't believe he only weighs 50-52 grams.

After more eating, pooping and playing he settled in for his afternoon nap around on the perch under his happy hut at 12:45 as usual. at 1:15 or so he woke up and chirped at me for a bit, made the rounds of his cage to make sure everything was where it should be, nibbled a bit and settled in on his knotrageous toy for the rest of his nap. He's not been in the happy hut at all.

I opened his cage to let him out to supervise his dinner prep (he must supervise dinner) and walked to the kitchen. He was back to his normal routine, fly to the kitchen, circle around my head while screaming like a falcon and zip back to the cage. Then zoom on to my shoulder to make sure I do it right. Then as I put the food dish in the cage, he's in the cage climbing down the boing to be there once I swing the door closed. He's now face down in nutriberries again!
    Last edited by Z28Taxman; 06-20-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Oh my goodness! I missed all the drama! Thank God Dittos fine
    Happiness is spending time with your lovebird

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Oh my goodness! I missed all the drama! Thank God Dittos fine
    Yep, he's fine now. Tonight instead of hanging out in the happy hut he's dancing on top of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Taxman View Post
    Yep, he's fine now. Tonight instead of hanging out in the happy hut he's dancing on top of it!
    lol...that's great!!! It's unbelievable how these little guys make us worry!
    Happiness is spending time with your lovebird

His summer moult has kicked in. He's got pin feathers on his head and while he was flying this morning he lost a flight feather. He usually does moult in late June into early July so now he's itchy too.