Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help classifying my birds

Default Re: help classifying my birds

The pair are 2 years of age and I have recently contacted the person who gave me them said they were both peach faces

And they are breeders I have one of there babies which is almost 7 months of age and I will post a picture of him

Peachfaced if the type of lovebird. There are four different type(i think). I am going to agree with Linda on their colors.
    Lovebirds fly into you heart and never let go.

Linda I would say his face is mostly red with the orange streaks

i'm sure linda has the colors just right, i would probably say the same for the second one only with different names on the colors. Dorothy

There are 9 species of Lovebird, Peachfaced being one of those 9 and probably the most well known because you see them the most often. There are different color mutations within the Peachfaced species and yours are one of the newer mutatiions, Opaline.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

[

This is there baby any help ( Sorry I don't know a lot about color mutations)

hard to tell, almost looks like three i had from my last clutch which were whiteface blue opaline pied. i got that from images on google. but does the head have yellow because mine did not, but they could have colored out more, they were about three months when they went to their new home but the new owners have not said anything about any yellow. i can ask them if you go to google images and put in opaline lovebird you may be ble to bring up some pictures and compare. Dorothy