Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well Ditto seems to be in warm weather mode now...

Default Re: Well Ditto seems to be in warm weather mode now...

Well the weather this weekend was nasty. Temps in the upper 80's and humidity you could almost drink it.

Linda, I'll keep the snow up here if you keep the Florida swamp weather down there ok?

He wakes up early in the morning eats a bit, then goes back to bed until I uncover him. Saturday and sunday he snoozed from around 10:30am until 3 before he started moving around, Nibbled and played a bit. He only ate 2 grams during the day on Saturday then ate good after 4pm. He pretty much ate from 4 until 10:30.

Yesterday the same. He weighed 41 grams at 5pm then ate himself up to 44 grams by 10. He went nuts last night actually. After eating from 4:30 until 8pm, he acted like he had a pot of coffee and was dancing up a storm and making enough happy lovie noise to wake the dead and started flinging food around the cage and chasing after it!

During tv time he took all the food out of the dish and piled it on my shoulder and ate what fell back into the bowl while standing on the pile.

When his light shut off he wouldn't go to bed right away, he kept right on eating. Once he finally went to bed he didn't go to sleep, he snuggled in his happy hut grinding his beak until after midnight.

This morning when I came down at 5:30 he was already eating. I swear he's part owl.

Tonight when I got home from work he was still 44 grams and ate 3 during the day. and I suspect he'll be facedown in the food dish until bedtime like he's been since it's warmed up.

TV time is funny, he'll eat for awhile, hop up to my hand for a few scritches then go back to eat and hop back and forth.
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)

Default Re: Well Ditto seems to be in warm weather mode now...

Awwww....sweet little Ditto .
    Happiness is spending time with your lovebird