Thread: Need some advice please.

Default Need some advice please.

I've had my boy Max for two years next month. He's very tame now and loves everyone in the family. He's a happy little guy that's spoiled rotten (and we wouldn't have it any other way )

Last week I visited the pet shop where I got Max and there was one little lovebird that captured my heart (they all do but this guy looked sad ). It was the second time I saw him...sitting alone in a cage all by himself. He looked shy and scared but a healthy little guy. He had a food cup full of the cheap basic seed and nothing else. I really want to bring him home, of course in a separate cage and quarantine him for a month by keeping him upstairs in a separate room away from Max.

Here's my concern...

Max is out of his cage all day, except if we're cooking or if no one is home, which is rare. When he flies upstairs I know he'll hear the new guy and will be chirping to him wanting to see him. I don't want to stress out the birds if they're crying out to each other....how do I handle that?
    Next, after the quarantine, and the introduction, what sort of behaviour should I expect or is that a hit or miss? I think the new guy is a male but they're not sure. I'm hoping he is and I'm hoping they become good friends and even cage mates. What are the odds of that happening? If they don't get along, is it dangerous to let them fly and hangout together? I don't want them to fight and lose an eye or a toe.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Happiness is spending time with your lovebird

Default Re: Need some advice please.

Well, I went to pick the little guy up today and there was a sign up on his cage that he was sold . The good news is that the lady that bought him happened to be there and I got to meet her. She's picking him up, with the cage at the end of the week. She has three other lovebirds, a conure, an African grey and a few budgies. She adores parrots and as a retired senior, she said she has a lot of time to spend with them. Funny thing is, she said she felt sorry for this little guy too, that's why she got him

Although I am disappointed that he was sold, because I really wanted him, I'm very happy that that lovely lady is taking him home and he'll have a lot of company

So, alls well that ends well
    Happiness is spending time with your lovebird