Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DJ came out of the cage today.

Default Re: DJ came out of the cage today.

Quote Originally Posted by linda040899 View Post

They are training him well!
    I'm a sucker for feathered faces!
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Taxman View Post
    I'm a sucker for feathered faces!
    Me, too! Love those little feathered creatures!!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Me, too! Love those little feathered creatures!!
    DJ is getting better at using his foot to hold food. Yesterday he was standing on his branch holding a shorter piece of millet spray in his foot like a big parrot.

And Opie was standing on one of the perches that run from the back of the cage to the front. When I walked over to the cage he walked to the front. I repeatedly said hello to him and I swear he was trying to say it back. I know I'm probably imagining it but it did sound like he was trying to say hello.

I left DJ out again today. It took him awhile but he came out onto his balcony. I stood there with my shoulder next to the balcony and he looked like he was going to step on but he changed his mind.

When I went out to the kitchen to refill his water dish (he made sunflower seed hull soup) he took off.

I slowly walked in the room to make sure he wasn't on the floor to get stepped on but didn't see him. Then I did, he was hanging on the curtain looking out the window at the snow. Then he flew past me and stood on the computer monitor. From there he went to visit Otis. He we hanging on the side of the O's cage having a chat with Otis and when I put my hand up he stepped on and let me put him on top of the cage!

Now that's progress!!!!! He's learning that you are going to give him a bit of freedom and it sounds like he's enjoying it! His grandfather is an OF Green Peachie named Rio and Rio enjoys attention and playing around. If he comes out of his cage, he likes to visit but will go back in when I'm done in his area and he wants to go back to see his beloved mate!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Now that's progress!!!!! He's learning that you are going to give him a bit of freedom and it sounds like he's enjoying it! His grandfather is an OF Green Peachie named Rio and Rio enjoys attention and playing around. If he comes out of his cage, he likes to visit but will go back in when I'm done in his area and he wants to go back to see his beloved mate!
    I did eventually scoop him up and put him in his cage but he would have eventually gone in on his own. I have no doubt. He flew back to it and stood on top several times.

Opie and I discovered a new game today too. I walked up to the cage and he climbed up right in front of my face. so I moved and so did he!