Thread: Lacey and Gizmo

Default Lacey and Gizmo

Good Morning Everyone,
    It's been quite a while since I've posted on here.... life has been keeping us busy around here. Lacey and Gizmo are both doing great. Lacey is especially busy this spring... going into dark places (closets) and chirping for me to come find her lol. I was amused at first but after a few days I decided to put curtains over the closet door ways. She used to be afraid of the dark, but not so much now lol.

I ordered Gizmo a bird harness earlier this week and it came yesterday. I got it on him with a lot of grumbling but no blood shed. I'm guessing he was so surprised or possible has had one on before. I'm wondering how warm it needs to be to take him out. It was pretty cold here yesterday (MN) but today is supposed to be lower 50's. I'm thinking it's still to cold to take him out but what is a good temp? I want him to see the "reward" for letting me put this thing on him lol. I forgot to get a pic yesterday but i'll get one the next time I put it on him
    Marti

Default Re: Lacey and Gizmo

Sounds like everyone is doing fine!

My personal take on harnesses is don't do it! I live in FL and temperatures are mild to hot most of the year, this winter especially. While I like the idea of my birds getting fresh air and sunshine, I will only take them out into an enclosed area. Don't forget that there are predator birds who are looking for a meal and just because your bird is sitting on your shoulder does not mean he is protected. Predator birds go after their prey at speeds of up to 100 mph and you never see or hear the attack coming until it's over and your bird is gone. That harness is no protection because the predator bird will snatch and keep on going. If I take my birds out, it's either in a carrier that I can carry or one that I can wear.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.