Thread: My Little stinker

Default My Little stinker

I recently bought a love bird. No idea of age or gender. Was a bit agressive at first, but i guess it was my fault. He's quite happy with spending time with me now.

But Boo doesnt like being touched. He'd willingly come on to my hand, eat and climb on my shoulder and all, preen my hairs etc but just doest like me touching anywhere except its claws. I made that as a signal for step up. Boo doesnt like getting touched nd i wish i could give it head scratches and belly scratches and all. just feels a little untrusted because it doest let me touch.
    Also i wanna upload a picture nd dnt knw how. Some ppl here guess the age by looking. Help..

Default Re: My Little stinker

To upload photos here, you need to upload the picture to an online storage site such as Photobucket to Shutterfly and copy/paste the URL address here.

Some parrots just don't like being touched by human hands. I have an African Grey who has lived with me for 26 years and is the original touch me not! She will interact but growl like someone is killing her if I try to touch her! I live with it.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Post Re: My Little stinker

Oh. What a bummer. But its fine. Eventually it'd be better if it didnt get toooo attached right.

How attached to you he/she will become is up to him/her. Lovebirds are very social so you may find yourself with a velcro lovebird that thinks it needs to be attached to your person 24/7!

The only thing I can tell you about age is that this one is at least 6 months old. He/she is in full adult color. There are certain color changes that occur between ages hatch to 6 months but after that, there's no way to tell. I can tell you that the mutation you have is Aqua Turquoise and a very pretty one at that. He or she doesn't seem to be afraid of you, just does not like to be touched. Patience!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.