Thread: No More Lovebirds :(

Default No More Lovebirds :(

I haven't been here in ages but I wanted to post an update those few members who may remember me. I had my heart bird, Buddy, for 15 years. She flew to the Bridge. 8 years ago in a week and a half. I had gotten a GCC, Gussie, a year before I lost Buddy. Gussie is fine and still my Baby Girl. But she has made it VERY clear she wants to be an ONLY bird. I have tried, and rehomed, 3 birds in the past 8 years. Gussie has gotten increasingly aggressive with each bird. I kept my last lovebird, Murphy, for 4 years. I guess Gussie had had it and started bitting me multiple time a day for the past 6 months. My arms, lips, chin...all became a mass of welts and scabs. I was beside myself. Then about a month ago the people who gave Murphy to me, and who were aware of Gussie's displeasure with Murphy, asked if I would consider returning him. Half of their bonded pair flew into a window and broke his neck. The remaining bird was mourning. So I gave him back, with the understanding that he could come back if it didn't work out. Well, Gussie IMMEDIATELY became her old cuddly, loving, playful self! She hasn't drawn blood since the day he left. She crawls into my hand and vibrates while I cuddle her and say all of her words to her. I got the message! Given our respective ages, she is likely my last bird. Much as I LOVE lovebirds, I don't see any in my future. I loved being a part of this forum, and will check in when I need a lovebird "fix". Enjoy your wonderful lovebirds!

Default Re: No More Lovebirds :(

Hi Marueen,
    We discuss any kind of bird here, including Conures. If you check the Other Parrots forum, you will find a whole list of parrots. I just got a young Pineapple GCC and she's a real doll. Active as the day is long but fits right in with everyone else! Those of us who have conures would love to hear about Gussie's escapades!

Don't be a stranger, please!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Thanks for that, Linda. Maybe I will pop in more. My life is less hectic now since I only work half time. Some people think I spend entirely too much time playing with Gussie...but that's what Crazy Bird Ladies do! I'll post a photo or two in the photo thread!

I agree with Linda. Stick around. We love gussie too!
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)

Only bird people understand the time we human slaves spend with our feathered friends! Personally, I prefer my feathered babies to many humans on this planet!!!!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Quote Originally Posted by linda040899 View Post
    Only bird people understand the time we human slaves spend with our feathered friends! Personally, I prefer my feathered babies to many humans on this planet!!!!
    I couldn't agree with you more!
    Happiness is spending time with your lovebird