Thread: Princesse's not so good vet visit

Unhappy Princesse's not so good vet visit

We went because of a bruise on her beak--a while back in 2008 she had liver disease but we got her over that.

Had some xrays today and she has a liver tumor. Quite a good size one the vet says. Also that she could live up to a year but it breaks my heart.

Princesse, a violet, is my baby. We got her over liver disease and in 2011 over asper. She is just 15.

This isnt old for a lovebird is it?

Ellen
    Princesse and paulie's mom.

Default Re: Princesse's not so good vet visit

Sorry to hear about Princess' latest problem! I have any number of lovebirds who are 10-15 years old and some do better than others. My oldest was 20 when he died. With good care, which I know Princess is getting, older age is possible.

The only way a tumor like this could be treated is holistically. If you have a holistic vet in your area, I would start there. If not, Lainey Alexander has a Yahoo mailing group called Essential Bird and that group is strictly holistic. I would suggest joining the group and posting the question there. That's what I did when Zoey, my GCC, was sick but she didn't respond quickly enough, probably because she was very sick when I asked for help.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

What exactly is holistic?

Ellen

Holistic is treatment using natural cures, essential oils included. Nothing comes with any guarantee but I would ask Lainey Alexander for suggestions and follow what she tells you to do. Many times, holistic will work when conventional care does not.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.