Thread: The O's say, new toys are evil!!!

Default The O's say, new toys are evil!!!

I decided to give the O's a new toy today. I' just a bunch of sticks on a string. DJ has on in his cage and it's about a foot away from them so it's not like they've never seen it. But I hung it in the corner and they decided it needed to be shouted down!
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)

Default Re: The O's say, new toys are evil!!!

Guess the toy is fine in DJ's cage but not the same in theirs! All intruders need to be shouted at!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Quote Originally Posted by linda040899 View Post
    Guess the toy is fine in DJ's cage but not the same in theirs! All intruders need to be shouted at!
    Oh yes. especially flies and moths. You'd think there was a dragon after them if they see a moth.

kinda reminds me of when Gizmo saw a hot air balloon go by our apt. ... i thought the sky was falling the way he was screeming lol. That set off lacey when she got wind of what he was screaming at. I had to shut the curtains and still took me almost a half hour to get them settled down lol.
    Marti

They do make excellent alarm systems if something is not right!!!!!! When I hear my lovebirds sounding off, I make sure I pay attention and see what's going on!
    Linda L.

Well today Otis chewed through the twine that hangs one of the piñata's. I know it was Otis because Opie ignores them. Even when she was nesty she didn't want anything to do with the piñatas. Otis loves to beat them up.

THey both hung from the roof of the cage screaming at the piñata on the floor until i removed it.

So I decided to try the popcicle stick toy again. Ths time they aren't screaming at it yet but I'll probably replace it with another piñata once it gets here unless someone starts playing with it.

The Os aren't just a bit spoiled, are they????? Hopefully, you got them toys as presents for Christmas!
    Linda L.

Quote Originally Posted by linda040899 View Post
    The Os aren't just a bit spoiled, are they????? Hopefully, you got them toys as presents for Christmas!
    Otis is the only one of the two who plays with toys. Opie is content to eat and watch. Otis does love the piñata's though. So far they haven't been too noisy about the new toy. They have been swinging in the coconut at it but I don't know if they've touched it yet.

They're having a Christmas popcorn party now. I found a bag of popcorn nutriberries I forgot I had and they're almost out of date so they all got a hand full. Happy little birds....

And DJ's birthday is right about now so its really party time.

Well the new piñata got here today. I was worried when I took it out of the box because it was twice the size of the one it replaced. Well Otis went onto the boing and looked at it and didn't scream! So I guess as long as it looks like the old toy but is bigger it's ok!

The bigger it is, the more there is to destroy!!!!!
    Linda L.