Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silly little bird...

Default Silly little bird...

DJ has learned a new trick. He stands on the perch in front of his happy hut with his back to the opening. Then he'll lean back until he's lying on his back in the hut.

He keeps his feet on the perch though and after a few seconds he just stands back up!

He also likes to lie in it with his head sticking out and hanging down like he's dead. Scared the crap out of me the first time I saw that!
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)

Default Re: Silly little bird...

Now that's something I've never seen before!!! My conures have some silly antics but Ayanna likes to hold onto the bottom of her hut and hang upside down! I think I would come close to having a heart attack if I saw one of my birds with their head hanging down looking deceased!!!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Quote Originally Posted by linda040899 View Post
    Now that's something I've never seen before!!! My conures have some silly antics but Ayanna likes to hold onto the bottom of her hut and hang upside down! I think I would come close to having a heart attack if I saw one of my birds with their head hanging down looking deceased!!!
    DJ hangs upside down from the hut too. His millet is down there and he hangs there and eats it.

The head hanging out of the hut is scary. Then he wakes up and uses the perch as a head scratcher.

Parrots are pretty amazing companions and my continually surprise me with some of their antics! Talk about spoiled and pampered feathered buddies!!
    Linda L.

Spoiled and strong. the O's managed to throw their large 10oz bowl the the floor again yesterday. And I just filled it half full with seeds. And they couldn't get under it on the perch this time because I moved it. I wish they'd do it when I was home because I'd like to see how they do it.

Sounds like the Os have lovie size weights hidden in their cage that the slave doesn't know about!!!! Those seed cups are NOT light! You may have to replace them with the kind that lock onto a holder that you attach to the side of the cage!

Georgia's seed dish is a metal screw on type and she's figured out how to unscrew it and she watches it fall to the floor with a crash!
    Linda L.

Sounds like the Os have lovie size weights hidden in their cage that the slave doesn't know about!!!! Those seed cups are NOT light! You may have to replace them with the kind that lock onto a holder that you attach to the side of the cage!

Georgia's seed dish is a metal screw on type and she's figured out how to unscrew it and she watches it fall to the floor with a crash!
    They're doing something in there because that bowl isn't light. They toss it down holder and all.

Or they get in and kick everything out with their feet. They can kick seeds halfway across the room!

Is the holder for this seed up one that just goes over the bars rather that uses a screw/wingnut to hold it to the sides of the cage? I made the mistake of buying one that slips over the bars and I only did that once!!!!! They loosen the holder from the bars and it all goes down with a surprising crash which is a thrill for them because of the noise!!!
    Linda L.

Is the holder for this seed up one that just goes over the bars rather that uses a screw/wingnut to hold it to the sides of the cage? I made the mistake of buying one that slips over the bars and I only did that once!!!!! They loosen the holder from the bars and it all goes down with a surprising crash which is a thrill for them because of the noise!!!
    I just hooks over the bars.

I wish it was like DJ's cage which has the loops bolted into the doors that open to put the dishes in. Those can't be removed without opening the doors.

I have a number of stainless steel bowls that have hoops and they screw onto the side of the cages. My guys have fun with the over the bar hooks so I changed the method of attachment.
    Linda L.